DFW Mustang Forums banner

Fords & Other Pics From Heartland Park Topeka, KS (N56K)

671 Views 15 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  SuperCPA
A lot of nice drag cars were at the recent NHRA Div 5 event I attended last weekend at Heartland Park Topeka, Kansas. Many of them were preparing for the "Big Go" at Indy this next weekend. One of the Cobra Jet Mustangs was running awesome 9.80's in Stock. For those of you who do not follow that class, virtually anything that runs in the 10's is fast for Stock. These really caught my attention:

This SVT Cobra powered dragster was running 8.90's in Super Comp and was likely several tenths faster off the stop. The sound of this going down the track was nice.

See less See more
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This cool old pickup conversion with living quarters was powered by a Cat turbo diesel.

See less See more
damn courtney is fine...

nice pics...
good pics!
cool pics!!!!
Thanks for the props everyone. The Cobra powered cars were a lot of fun to watch. Here are some more pics if interested:

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o111/SuperCPA/Drag Racing/2009 Div 5 Topeka Kansas/
The goofy fucker looking at the camera lives in my neighborhood. He stops by on occasion - damn, he talks a FUCKING LOT!

The goofy fucker looking at the camera lives in my neighborhood. He stops by on occasion - damn, he talks a FUCKING LOT!
isn't that HOPPER? :147:
Dang... I wanted to put a SVT style motor in my dragster... oh well...

Love the cobra jets... saw one went 9.62 at indy in AA/SA
Dang... I wanted to put a SVT style motor in my dragster... oh well...

Love the cobra jets... saw one went 9.62 at indy in AA/SA
The Cobra Jets are ruling the E.T.'s in Stock Eliminator even worse than the LS1's did when they hit the scene. It is pretty cool to watch them bust off those kind of times. It will not likely be long before NHRA hits them with more weight to slow them down. :yuck:
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.