DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
still here
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Powered by a 390-hp, supercharged 4.6-liter V-8, it teases at a performance version that could be coming for Ford's next-generation Sport Trac. Ford has confirmed that the redesigned Sport Trac - slated to go on sale in 2006 after moving to an updated Ford Explorer platform - will get a V-8 engine.

:eek: Sounds nice, but maybe this is why Ford is going higher into debt, by making all thsee vehicles that will never see production.

edit: repost damnit. there. beat ya to it. :eek:

·
still here
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
really fucked up if they can bring that to production yet couldn't make another Lightning :mad:

·
Rolling with the homies
43,268 Posts
ClockwrkOrangeS4 said:
cool, as much supercharged HP as the new n/a Trailblazer SS in the other thread

heh
The Trailblazer is down 90 HP from what the SVT Sport Track is saying it will have. Not to mention the Trailblazer has a bigger displacement motor.

·
Rolling with the homies
43,268 Posts
Never mind, just saw the Trailblazer SS.

R

·
0 Posts
89stangGT said:
really fucked up if they can bring that to production yet couldn't make another Lightning :mad:

Actually the new F150 platform is too heavy for the Lightning. Hence the Sport Trac Adrenaline (I believe that is the new name) until they can correct the Lightning weight issues.

Retard.

·
Blue5spd's a titty baby
13,472 Posts
RedLilPony said:
Actually the new F150 platform is too heavy for the Lightning. Hence the Sport Trac Adrenaline (I believe that is the new name) until they can correct the Lightning weight issues.
I thought part of SVT's goal was to make vehicles heavier? :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
The 390-hp s/c 4.6 sounds cool. But, the hot rod/ sport truck thing just doesn't do it for me anymore. Still, I imagine it would sell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts