DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For Sale: 1991 LX Hatch in Houston, TX *New Pictures*

The car is the black 1991 Mustang LX hatchback. The car is a 5 speed black hatchback with grey GT tweed interior.

The car is still very much a street car, and daily drivable. Everything works on the car, including the air conditioning (needs to be charged), power accessories, power locks, power windows, cruise control, etc.

I want to be up front to avoid having to waste your time and mine... If I know of a problem, it'll be listed here, but as always it IS a 14 year old car with 130k miles, so whoever buys it gets the car as-is...

Modifications
Edelbrock #6037 "Performer" aluminum cylinder heads, stage I ported and polished.
Edelbrock "Performer" intake manifold, gasket matched to the heads.
BBK/Edelbrock 70mm throttle body and EGR plate
Comp Cams 7/16" rocker studs with guide plates
Comp Cams hardened pushrods
Comp Cams Pro-Magnum 1.6 ratio adjustable rockers
Comp Cams 224/230 .512/.512 114 LSA custom camshaft
Ford Motorsport double roller timing set
Ford Motorsport 24lb. fuel injectors
Mallory billet adjustable fuel pressure regulator
Pro-Flow 75mm chrome mass airflow meter
K&N drop-infilter
Chrome valve covers
Unknown brand underdrive pulley set
Flowtech long tube headers
Carsound high flow catalytic converters
Ford Motorsport 4.10:1 gears (absolutely zero gear whine)
Ford Motorsport 3.5" aluminum driveshaft
Ford Motorsport "King Cobra" pressure plate with a McLeod sintered iron clutch disc
T5 with less than 300 miles on it
4 wheel disc, 5 lug conversion with twin piston front calipers
17 inch 1998 Mustang GT "split 5 spoke" rims with Kumho Ecsta 712 tires in fair condition
Ford Motorsport "C" lowering springs
BBK non-adjustable upper and lower control arms in the rear
Subframe connectors, not sure what brand.
Harwood 2.5" bolt-on cowl hood
Pro 5.0 shifter
Ford Motorsport billet aluminum clutch quadrant
Ford Motorsport adjustable clutch cable
JVC CD-Player
All speakers replaced in the car, Kenwoods I think.
Alarm system with remote hatch release and keyless entry.

Maintenance items replaced
New shocks and struts, auto parts store brands
New oxygen sensors
New alternator
New battery
New water pump
All fluids changed regularly

Problems
This car was at some point in its life hit in the front end, not horribly bad but enough to bend up the radiator core support. The car drives straight as an arrow, and the radiator still sits in the support just fine, but I feel any prospective buyer should be made fully aware it.
The car has a clear blue Texas title, but is marked with the word "Reconditioned." I'm assuming this relates to the damage I found to the radiator support.

The carpet has some spots and stains. It was on my list of things to replace, never got around to it. Brand new carpet costs roughly 120 bucks.
The left horn button on the steering wheel is missing. Likely available from your Ford dealer for a couple bucks.
The door release trim bezels are cracked.
The windshield is cracked, on the passenger side
Shock covers in the rear of the car are missing
The "privacy curtain" in the hatch well of the car is missing, not that anyone ever has them in the car anyway
I do not have a 5 lug spare tire, but you get the factory 4 lug spare for free
The sun visor material is separating, and the velcro on the mirror portion is shot.

I hate to sell the car, but it has got to go. The car is inspected till 03/06. The tags are good till 05/05 I believe.

Asking price: $6,500 O.B.O.

Thanks,
Juan
[email protected]
AIM: xtremcoder
Cell: 832.250.7637

·
one at a time
1,711 Posts
good looking hatch ......... ive got a blown 98 gt ........ if u ever wanna entertain trades let me know

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bgmz282 said:
good looking hatch ......... ive got a blown 98 gt ........ if u ever wanna entertain trades let me know
Thanks for the compliment. I need to sell it, otherwise I would keep it. Thanks though!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just got off the phone with Summit Racing. I made a list of all the parts and got pricing from them. There is over $6,000 in parts alone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts