DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me or do most football announcers annoy the heck out of ya? Lets take the cowboys game for instance. Deon sanders? I mean come on did someone quit the day before the game. They are cutting up and trying to sound gangster the whole game. Then troy aikman..... He should have stuck to just football and retire cause I can't stand him either. Just my opinion.

·
Where is Ms. Right?
1,581 Posts
i used to put the game on mute on the TV and then turn on the radio and listen to play by play on the radio. Now I'm just too lazy to do that :eek:

·
Now in the ATX!!
1,573 Posts
Memo said:
i used to put the game on mute on the TV and then turn on the radio and listen to play by play on the radio. Now I'm just too lazy to do that :eek:
That what I do on monday night game, put the tv on mute and listen to the radio

·
Gunga galunga
7,544 Posts
LZRREDGT said:
That what I do on monday night game, put the tv on mute and listen to the radio
doesn't work with satellite TV very well...

NFL network sucks donkey dick... I really don't mind the commentary on the major networks FOX, CBS etc. Madden can get annoying though :eek:

·
Resident Misanthrope
9,690 Posts
I put the TV on mute tonight because I knew the broadcasters would be a joke. I will never forget Bryant Gumbel a few years ago....they brought Deon in to replace him at half time because he was so bad....and that should tell you how bad he was to consider Deon an improvement.

Aikman though..he isn't bad. At least he knows his shit and doesn't say anything stupid. The MNF crew should all die.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
I don't mind Aikman infact I think he does a good job. On the other hand I can't stand to watch NFL network the announcers are horrid and make dumb comments and some bad play calling like calling people wide open when the defenders are on their asses. I also get upset about the camera work on NFL network several plays it seems they can't follow the ball or the action.

·
Premium Member
18,368 Posts
A gaffe tonight by ******, ..."77 yards, coast to coast!". "Coast to coast" is typically reserved for kick-off returns from the endzone that result in a TD.
That's the kind of shit that drives me bonkers.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guess I'm the only one that doesn't like aikman. From time to time Madden does get on my nerves too. His voice just annoys me.

·
Mavs Fan For Life!
2,435 Posts
I personally like Aikman as a commentator...he has the experience and knowledge to add credibility to his broadcast. Madden is just plain fucking annoying...he will talk about a play that happened an hour ago and keep repeating himself over and over like a broken record. I have always like Pat Summerall as well....

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
They're only annoying or suck whenever the Cowboys are playing and losing. Otherwise you tune them out because you're actually enjoying the game for once. :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
I cant stand Tony Kornhole on ESPN, that ass hat needs to be punched in the face!!

·
HERE WE GO STEELERS
18,683 Posts
I made a joke tonight after I bitched about "prime time" being an announcer about how this might not be too bad of an announcing job since it will be so hard for him to decide on who to pull for. Either way, the guy is a piece of shit idiot.

·
Banned
23,270 Posts
jefehbk said:
I personally like Aikman as a commentator...he has the experience and knowledge to add credibility to his broadcast. Madden is just plain fucking annoying...he will talk about a play that happened an hour ago and keep repeating himself over and over like a broken record. I have always like Pat Summerall as well....

See, I don't care for Aikman. Because he is a former Cowboy, he has to go out of his way to not sound like he favors the Cowboys. He goes so far to the other side, he usually just winds up talking shit about them. It's irritating, and yes, I know he has to pay the bills somehow, but show a little fucking respect for crying out loud.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts