DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
crystal balla
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went through a temp agency to find the current job I was at, and the very first job I got doing temp work, they decided they really liked me. So they hired me on as a temp-hire. They told me I would work the 320 hours and be hired on full-time.

Well I've been busting my rump to get my job caught up from the last person that was there. I NEVER thought that there was a problem. I was on the Committee at work, which meant I helped to plan company parties, dinners, etc.

Today I get a call from my temp agency telling me that my assignent was terminated on the grounds of bad performance. ?? :eek:

I really should have known that something was going to happen, because at our last monthly meeting they announced an opening position for Collections and Asssistant Collections.

I just think its really chicken shit of a company to let you go right before Christmas. Anytime there was a birthday, or a "give for this person's Christmas present..." etc. I was always there giving above and beyond what anyone else did. I tried my hardest to be friends with everyone, and to keep on top of my job.

Oh well.. shit happens right? Anyone know of a job opening? :(

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
25,199 Posts
File for unemployment ASAP

·
crystal balla
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can I file for unemployement if they gave me a bad reference?? I dont even have a job with the temp agency because the company I was working for said that I had bad performance and missed to many days??

I really think there is another reason I was fired... but I cant prove it..

·
Premium Member
28,020 Posts
Ahh. That's the problem. I worked at a place in college and in the acctg dept I was in, we had alot of temps come through for filing. They were always missing work for this and that. So it was just easier to let them go, because half the time they didn't want to be there anyway.

Back in like 98, I was doing the same gig, was on a temp>hire basis. I missed one day of work and they terminated the contract the next day. :(

·
Gone but never forgotten
17,192 Posts
GirlieSpeedracer said:
Well I went through a temp agency to find the current job I was at, and the very first job I got doing temp work, they decided they really liked me. So they hired me on as a temp-hire. They told me I would work the 320 hours and be hired on full-time.

Well I've been busting my rump to get my job caught up from the last person that was there. I NEVER thought that there was a problem. I was on the Committee at work, which meant I helped to plan company parties, dinners, etc.

Today I get a call from my temp agency telling me that my assignent was terminated on the grounds of bad performance. ?? :eek:

I really should have known that something was going to happen, because at our last monthly meeting they announced an opening position for Collections and Asssistant Collections.

I just think its really chicken shit of a company to let you go right before Christmas. Anytime there was a birthday, or a "give for this person's Christmas present..." etc. I was always there giving above and beyond what anyone else did. I tried my hardest to be friends with everyone, and to keep on top of my job.

Oh well.. shit happens right? Anyone know of a job opening? :(
I had the same thing happen to me, only the reason they let me go was because my mother came by the office to tell me that someone who was like a father to me died that afternoon. I broke into tears and asked my boss if I could leave to go be with the family. The next day I got the call from the temp agency saying that my assignment was terminated because they needed someone who was less emotional. Can you believe that shit! I feel for ya'! If you work in collections, call Americredit. My aunt works there and she absolutely loves it. They are always hiring, and there's benefits out the ass. You could apply online at americredit.com too.

Best of luck to ya'! Hang in there, everything will be okay.:)

·
crystal balla
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Re: Fired 4 days before Christmas...

mutherjuggz said:
If you work in collections, call Americredit. My aunt works there and she absolutely loves it. They are always hiring, and there's benefits out the ass. You could apply online at americredit.com too.
you are my new best friend!! I will definately check into that company. I only worked in Collections for a short time, but I picked up on things very quickly.

I'm just really mad, because they said that I didnt do my job. When that is complete bullshit.. I can prove with my daily performance sheet exactly what I did. And now my temp agency wont help me out, because the company I worked for gave me a bad reference.

There were a few more factors that I think added into me being fired, but I dont know how to prove it.

·
Boost is Life
4,339 Posts
Welcome to Corporate life. You just have to put up with shit like that. Don't bother worrying about it, just move on. I hate having to play games, but if you wanna move up in most companies it IS about who you know and who likes you. :rolleyes: Good luck with your next position.

Later,

·
Time Served
3,403 Posts
Re: Re: Fired 4 days before Christmas...

mutherjuggz said:
The next day I got the call from the temp agency saying that my assignment was terminated because they needed someone who was less emotional.
.:)
I would have went back and shown them emotional :mad:
That is just wrong. However you did learn from that experience that, that company doesn't care about it's employees. So it's good you got out now better than later.

·
IA2
22,150 Posts
I work as a contractor and I have a little different idea of maybe why they let you go. Perhaps a bean counter looked at the books figuring profit/expense and decided they needed to cut expenses or avoid bringing on another "real" employee. When that happens the temps/contractors are always the first to go, even if they are the highest producers and/or are working in key positions. Why? It's much easier to let contract help go than to fire a real employee. The reason they gave you was probably just BS while helping you out the door. Don't feel to bad about it - you know you did a good job. Take that attitude with you to the next job and try again.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.