DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently went and bought one and was wondering if anyone else here has used one before? it looks to just keep preasure on the RMS. Not really sure, but if you have any input it would be appreciatied. Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have one on my crank. They are a bastard to install especially in the car. They do exactly that, keep pressure on the crank. If there is a groove worn in the crank you just beat the ring on over the end of the crank and install the new seal. You'll need something to square it up and drive it on straight I used a round chunk of alumnium.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the kit i have comes with a thing that looks like a coffe can that you use to install the repair sleeve. So what is so hard about installing the sleeve? which way does the sleve go on? and does it bottom out on the block or crank, or do you just have to guess about how far to knock the thing back? Thanks for all of the help.
Chris

·
Registered
185 Posts
There should be a part on one end that rolls down. That side goes out (toward flwwheel). I did it on my back in the driveway so it was pretty ruff to get at it. You are suppose to drive it on till the rolled end stops flush with the back of the crank. But I had to grind on it because it bent on me. As long as you cover a little past where the seal rides you should be fine. But make sure to chech for the flywheel to sit all the way against the crank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts