DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
UFO Club Member
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm checking this out at 12:45 today, I'm getting out of work early and I kinda want to see it cause I like the surfer character from the comics.

I heard Galactus is in the movie, which he should be. Let you guys know if its a pass/awesome/ or a "if theres nothing else out" type movie

·
Ultimate X-phoria
19,895 Posts
Huge Surfer fan. I collected Surfer comics in high school, still have them. If I don't see this tonight, i'm sure I will tomorrow morning.

·
Premium Member
9,204 Posts
I didn't really care for it. It was OK through about the middle where the action began, but right when the plot started getting interesting, it kinda trailed off and ended. Definitely left room for another one, but felt pretty shorted on this one.

·
still here
5,885 Posts
must"have"ang said:
I'm checking this out at 12:45 today, I'm getting out of work early and I kinda want to see it cause I like the surfer character from the comics.

I heard Galactus is in the movie, which he should be. Let you guys know if its a pass/awesome/ or a "if theres nothing else out" type movie
I just rented the game for free.

·
Vikings are next!
8,501 Posts
Saw it Yesterday. I thought It was pretty damn good. I didn't like how they were so easily able to kick the silver surfers ass so quick...if you're a fan of the comics you'd know he is one of the most powerful characters in the marvel universe, but whatever... :) ...

·
is chilaxing
3,760 Posts
Guess my thread wasn't properly titled. :D Anyways, I saw it yesterday and I thought it was pretty good but still lacked some. It was better than the 1st one. Like 4.6 said, didn't like how SS got whooped so quick. Hell, from the looks of it "Doom Surfer" gave them more of a fight. :D

·
Registered
579 Posts
Took my son to see it this morning. He loved it (he's 6)I thought it was pretty good. Def. better than the first.

·
07 TBSS
1,714 Posts
Saw it last night, it was as said before better than the 1st one, IMO by alot. Given its a movie I can understand the sped up process of them being able to beat him. What I thought was pretty cool was for once a movie actually showed in depth what a characters(from the comic) power was capable of. If you look up SS and see what his powers are, it showed him do quite a bit of them. I won't dare mention other movies, but if you've seen em you know they don't portray them very well. I personally don't know the ending in the comics, so I have no idea as to how the real end was vs this one. Maybe someone else could enlighten us on the details.

·
#4 Best QB Ever
29,339 Posts
Hollywood said:
Jessica Alba looked like shit in this movie, I mean terrible. Orange fucking skin and bleached hair. Yack.
That just means she's moving from "way the fuck out of my league" to "still way the fuck out of my league, but a few inches closer." :cool:

·
UFO Club Member
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry I didn't post a follow up, I haven't been on stangs since I posted the original thread.

Like many of you I agreed it was better than the 1st but still lacked a lot.

Doom returning was lack luster.
Surfer was bad ass for a bit then turns into a puss, he needs his own movie to do justice.
Galactus is such a bad ass evil character, you didnt even see what he really looks like, that pissed me off.

Overall 2 out of 5

·
Ultimate X-phoria
19,895 Posts
must"have"ang said:
Sorry I didn't post a follow up, I haven't been on stangs since I posted the original thread.

Like many of you I agreed it was better than the 1st but still lacked a lot.

Doom returning was lack luster.
Surfer was bad ass for a bit then turns into a puss, he needs his own movie to do justice.
Galactus is such a bad ass evil character, you didnt even see what he really looks like, that pissed me off.

Overall 2 out of 5

Those were the two things that bothered me the most. They didn't do Surfer justice and the Galactus bit. The fantastic four would never be able to beat the Surfer and should have use the comic book story version other than the version they used. Remove his surfboard, pffft, he doesn't get his power from the board. Fucking assholes. The board is mentally linked to the Surfer. It moves in response to his thoughts even when he is not in physical contact with it. The board is almost totally indestructible, but on those rare occasions when it is damaged or destroyed, the Surfer is able to repair or even re-create it. The Surfer can attack opponents remotely by directing the board against them, and the board is capable of absorbing and imprisoning other beings, at least temporarily.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts