DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
hell yeah those trucks are heavy....I mean they have the power to move, but when you put them in sloppy shit, they suck, power or not....

I wouldn't mind having one, if i could ever afford the payment, but not for off-road....I'll take my Jeep off -road, and leave that at home..hehe,

Either way, its a nice truck...:D

·
Behind Blue Eyes..
6,686 Posts
no tread on them tires!

·
Punk Ass Bitch
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THE_RAM said:
no tread on them tires!
There is plenty of tread on them, just not for driving through shit like that. Just walking around out there, the ground was firm and actually had grass growing on it but that truck is so fucking heavy it just sunk. We had already went through that area and found some people that were already stuck but realized that we weren't going to be able to help them so we turned around and got buried up there on the way out. Whatt sucked so bad is that was the last wet/muddy spot to drive through before we got to the main road.:( Needless to say, I didn't get to sleep until about 7:00 AM on Saturday morning.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Those are kinda helpless in the sticky stuff, Only 250 ive seen go through some bad stuff is my 78, But I had a 460, 6" lift, 36" wrangler rtII's and what not, it would go about anywhere, wonder if the bigfoot blue paint job helped or not??

·
Punk Ass Bitch
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another buddy of ours came out in his F250 X-cab and winched on it until he got stuck so that made 5 trucks down there buried up. Sometime around 5:30 AM some dude shows up on a 4x4 John Deere tractor and starts pulling us out. I think we would have been down there all fucking day if he hadn't showed up.

·
GROWED UP WRONG
6,839 Posts
Friend of mine had a '02 F250 PowerStroke with 9" lift and 35" Super Swampers. We got stuck in the same kind of shit. 9:00 pm last winter, coldest night of the year we were going to go mudding in the trinity. Shit, we did not even make it too the levy. We hit what we thought was a small stream (6" wide) and we immediately sunk. We were stuck untill 3:30am....
Called another friend with a Chevy Extended cab w/ 12"+ lift with 44s and it could not pull us out. Called a tow truck F350 with just a winch that could not pull us out. Ended up calling HUGE wrecker that finally got us out.
HELL YEAH THEY ARE HEAVY!!!

·
Registered
549 Posts
A freind of mine was at a party drinking for hours, well they were on a farm w/ a med. size pond. He had a Dodge 3500 4x4 diesel with stock tires, needless to say someone told him his truck was a sail boat and tried to cross the pond. He made it about 50 feet out before his truck went under. It took my truck (96 F-250 stroke w/ a warn winch) and another 00 powerstoke about 4 hours of pulling and tugging (breaking 4 chains and 5 tow ropes and winch cable) but finally pulled out. the owner of the dodge ended up breaking his leg and it was so cold out (about 10 degrees) he didnt know till we got back inside.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
THE_RAM said:
no tread on them tires!
Ya definately bot a good choise in tires:p

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
That is like the stuff my best friend goes through. I don't know how he does it, but gets through it in a '97 Ranger 2WD with a 2.3 and a 5 speed. He has 30"x9.5 Pep Boys All Terrains on it. It suprisingly does pretty good for what it is.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.