DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
my name doesn't mean coke
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
F*uck tow-truck companies

I just bought my 88 lx off of a friend. needless to say it was not running. it was sitting at the auto hobby shop parking lot (a place on base that has just about every tool and lift that you need). it has been there for awhile before i bought it. well it was towed by some dumbass PMO (new word for MP) saying well it look abandoned. cause it had parts laying all around it. its like lood dude its at the auto hobby shop with parts lying all around it do you might possibly think it is being worked on? just a thought. well i finally got it back today and i cost me 314 to get it out of the yard and another 35 to tow it back to base. :mad: just thought i would share this to vent some anger

·
Registered
328 Posts
Ouch.

Tow truck companies don't get paid unless they tow. Sorry to hear about that dude.

·
Premium Member
7,724 Posts
I had my '77 CJ-5 Jeep towed off base (Camp Lejeune NC) and impounded for a week one time while I was out on a 2-week field exericise. The reason it was towed was because the NC DMV issued me a licence plate that was 1 digit different than what it was supossed to be. I had some bitches plate who let her insurance expire. Low-and-behold some Major Prick saw my jeep and ran the plate. Came up as a '96 Red Mustang (I saw the MP's report) with expired insurance. So they put a 2 day sticker on it and had it towed after that ran out. I come back from being on ship for 2-weeks getting ready for a 6-month cruise and had to figure out what the hell happened. It cost me about 200 bux and the SJA office rejected my claim because the state issued me the wrong plate. :mad:

Good luck.

·
my name doesn't mean coke
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea well at least they gave you a warning. they just showed up on thursday and said hey that car is abanonded. lets get it towed. no notice no ky no nothing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts