DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
23,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a painter that does a good job on exteriors? Old paint will obviously need to be prepped, and some spots will need to be scraped down and filled to make it look decent prior to painting.

Brick house, no siding, single story, 1683 sq ft, trim and eaves only. I'm in the middle of a complete yard renovation, and complete bathroom reno. No time, or patience to do the work right myself on the exterior paint.

·
Banned
23,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let me know when you find a price as I will soon be needing the same thing.
First guy quoted me $1200, just FYI. This includes all the sanding and prep work. I also have a few boards that theyare going to replace, etc. Quote included SW Superpaint (25 yr) I believe, and recaulking of EVERYTHING from the outside.

·
Banned
23,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I decided I need to repaint my brick home this year as well and was thinking about hiring someone but $1200? Maybe Im a cheapskate or maybe Im underestimating the work but that sounds high as hell. I guess Ill do it myself but Im sure Ill have sticker shock when I buy the materials.
1200 seemed fair to me. Another quote I had was 1500. They've done a fantastic job so far. I haggled a little and got the price down. They are replacing some wood, recaulked everything, and of course sanded. Paint itself was $224, and that's WITH a 40% employee discount. 7 gallons. They also painted my slightly faded storm doors. May have them go ahead and paint the rest of the storm windows.

Now, to try and get a new roof. These shingles look like shit. For reference, my brother paid $800 to have his house painted, didn't get to choose the color, and it took them a week to complete. This was 7 yrs ago. We had a contractor friend that wa just trying to keep his guys busy. They came and worked a littl here, and a little there between jobs. They worked mostly evenings.

·
Banned
23,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jesus man, and I thought we did a gut job on our house. Is there anything left in that place you HAVEN'T touched? When is the party? :D
Man, I've had to fix so much southern engineering it isn't even funny.

Living room is done. Kids rooms are done. I say done, both are getting new floors again. Master bed and bath are untouched. Kitchen is torn down, nowhere near finished. Hoping to have the hall bath done in a week or two. Even the yard is in shambles. I took a good 6" crown out of one side of the yard, dug up two dead tree stumps, cut out all grass, etc. Putting in flower beds, and seeding with Bermuda. Planting some bushes, trees, flowers, etc. Oh yeah, a water collection area complete w sump pump, drip irrigation, and auto fertilizers.

It doesn't look like we have done shit, but it never stops aroud here. One of these days I'll learn to finish some of this shit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts