DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Janitor
15,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having some bad trouble with an exaust leak lately. After bryan and i readjusted the piping to keep the tailpipe off my back bumper, we found out the newly correct angle showed that the bolts used in the x-pipe to catback arnt threaded enough, and bottomed out the threads. Also the flange on the drivers side x-pipe is warped. A few days later after some problems arosed( will explain) we used washers and banged on the flange warped area with a hammer and straighened it somewhat, and the car ran MUCH better.

Before it would stutter bad at low RPM, and only really wake up at WOT as the RPMS moved up, but it would still feel really sluggish. It drank gas, and smelled rich. The A/F guage just sat in the lean (red) when it normally shouldnt have, only sweeping to peg green when it went open loop, but did so not instantly like it should to throttle movements.

After: It ran normal, the gauge swept back and forth, but slower than it should. The car ran hard and didnt stutter. Then somehow the leak returned tonight and the car went right back to before.

To me, the leak can be the only explaination for the stuttering, but i am welcome to wiser members advice.

Also, does ANYONE know of a exaust shop that will cut off my warped flange, weld on a new one, and slap on 4 bolts on my non-emission controlled pipes? I really need this guys.

Thanks.

·
Registered
512 Posts
It doesnt sound like an exhaust leak would cause that problem, especial since it is after the 02 sensors. Give your car to me, and you can have mine, problem solved:D Seriously though, it is hard to believe a leak like that would cause problems.

·
The Janitor
15,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stimpy said:
It doesnt sound like an exhaust leak would cause that problem, especial since it is after the 02 sensors. Give your car to me, and you can have mine, problem solved:D Seriously though, it is hard to believe a leak like that would cause problems.

well, something we did fixed it......and now the stuttering is back, and thats the only thing i can think of really. I mean when the exaust started leaking, the car started stuttering. :mad: God damn stupid ass flange.:mad:

·
Out
36,504 Posts
I'm thinking more of an O2 problem more than anything.

The exhaust shop over by my house is the only one that I know that would touch your car without getting their panties in a wad over off road exhaust, but it's in Red Oak. I don't know if you want to drive that far.

·
The Janitor
15,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DarkPony said:
you told me you were geting a check engine light, you should go get that checked at autozone, and see what is wrong.
you are correct, i was. I havent gotten it to light up another check engine light. Thanks Denny for that, that is my only option right now. If no one else can give me more options, i will PM you for directions.

Anyone else know of an exaust shop that wont shit their pants?

·
Highly Compressed
2,386 Posts
Try A&B Muffler on Main St. in Grand Prairie. I had them weld the two halves of my Flowtech H-pipe together after I installed it (the crossover h-tube was a slip fit connection that was supposed to use a clamp). F that!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.