DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The first, the original
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to think I'm not so old that I don't know what the latest lingo is.

I was under the impression "down low" meant you have the inside scoop, a secret, a hook up. You are in the know. I am fairly certain I have used the expression a couple of times recently meaning such.

Until last night when my wife was watching something. :confused: This news show was interviewing an author of some book and they said someone in the "down low" meant they were BISEXUAL!

DAMN. So now my mind is racing trying to remember who/where /when I used the espression. I hope I didn't say it around the *** at work. :rolleyes:

And for the record, I am NOT, repeat NOT in/on the "down low".

·
Moved to dfw mustangs.net
20,572 Posts
How old was the person quoting this? I find that a lot of the older writers are misusing the lingo themselves.

·
Yo Daddy Hoe
1,028 Posts
Frank said:

I was under the impression "down low" meant you have the inside scoop, a secret, a hook up. You are in the know. I am fairly certain I have used the expression a couple of times recently meaning such.

Until last night when my wife was watching something. :confused: This news show was interviewing an author of some book and they said someone in the "down low" meant they were BISEXUAL!

DAMN. So now my mind is racing trying to remember who/where /when I used the espression. I hope I didn't say it around the *** at work. :rolleyes:

Yeah he came out on Oprah once and his book is called "Living the double life on the down low" It's about married med that are having affairs with gay men.... This shit is crazy..

·
How you doin'
28,254 Posts
this is why i just stick to the basic slang and the regular 'ole american english language...i just can't keep up with all of that street slang...besides, i just can't picture myself saying, "down low" without describing where something is in relation to something else...:D i guess that i'm just old fashioned...or just old...lol

brad

·
Ya Dats my Wifey!!!
5,806 Posts
news to me also and im 31!

·
Very Thankful!
8,943 Posts
MOD RACING-1 said:
Yeah he came out on Oprah once and his book is called "Living the double life on the down low" It's about married med that are having affairs with gay men.... This shit is crazy..
In this sentence. Down Low means undercover.
Like its not known to everyone that he's gay or what not.

·
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!
13,296 Posts
"keep it on the down low" means keep it a secret..
"Getting the low down " : on something means getting the inside info.

·
The first, the original
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I typed in "down low" into Google. Apparently, its a common *** term. down low / low down...I just figured it meant the same thing.

While working at the farm today we had a crew of guys working off their service hours and this one skinny dude was wearing a t-shirt that said "down low" and on the back it said "those in the know". I wonder if he knew what it meant.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Frank said:

ive only hear down low used in the context such as... keep that on the down low. meaning to not say a word to anyone about it :confused:

·
Arbeit Macht Frei
19,759 Posts
Jetfast50 said:
Fuck that stupid ass author and their shitty book.
Never heard it used in a *** way.

Never gonna use it that way.

To me it still means what you thought it meant. :cool:

·
Taliban can SUCK IT!
3,145 Posts
trey85stang said:
ive only hear down low used in the context such as... keep that on the down low. meaning to not say a word to anyone about it :confused:
thats what i always thought too maybe i shouldnt use that one anymore

1 - 19 of 19 Posts