DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
RIP
14,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I think someone should make a book called " How to Install a Eibach Drag Launch Kit for Dummies" because right now i would buy it. Even though i have put these springs in on my last mustang its still a bitch and a half to get the spring compressor on it in just the right spot so it will fit once its all tightened down. I will probably be lucky to get one before i call it quits tonight.

·
Keep jocking
9,217 Posts
My buddy Alex has a simple way of installing them. I think he lets the A-arm down, or something like that.

·
RIP
14,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JMAC said:
My buddy Alex has a simple way of installing them. I think he lets the A-arm down, or something like that.
i have my a arm as far down as it will go

·
RIP
14,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JMAC said:
does he do charity work?

·
RIP
14,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JMAC said:
No, he charged me like $50 to install them all. ;)
i dont need the back ones installed, i am not doing those till i have control arms to go in at the same time. so how much for just the fronts

·
RIP
14,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and what really sucks is when you buy the damn things it comes with no instructions, i know alot of yall are like who needs instruction. BITCH I NEED THEM

·
Raiden Wins
4,045 Posts
On my coupe I did the rears and just fuckin gave up and got a shop to install the fronts. Without even asking the shop guy told me how much of a bitch it was to get them in.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Are you trying to drop the control arm from the strut side or the k-member side? If you're trying to do it from the strut side, you'll probably never get the spring in. The easiest way in my opinion is to leave the control arm hooked to the strut, put a jack under the control arm, take out the 2 bolts that hold the control arm to the k-member and lower the arm down then spin it around take the old spring out set the new spring in the control arm swing it back under the car and jack it back up. Stick the 2 bolts back in and you're done. On a side note, every car I've seen with the Eibach springs has set like a 4 wheel drive, so you may want to take a coil out to get the ride height where you want it. Good luck and have fun.

Mike

·
Registered
87 Posts
lowthreeohz said:
Yeah, just put a jack under the rear and jack stands under the frame rails, then unbolt the shocks from the rear and lower the jack, you may have the unbolt the quad shocks also. If it will not go low enough then you need the unbolt the control arms.

·
RIP
14,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
cold said:
Are you trying to drop the control arm from the strut side or the k-member side? If you're trying to do it from the strut side, you'll probably never get the spring in. The easiest way in my opinion is to leave the control arm hooked to the strut, put a jack under the control arm, take out the 2 bolts that hold the control arm to the k-member and lower the arm down then spin it around take the old spring out set the new spring in the control arm swing it back under the car and jack it back up. Stick the 2 bolts back in and you're done. On a side note, every car I've seen with the Eibach springs has set like a 4 wheel drive, so you may want to take a coil out to get the ride height where you want it. Good luck and have fun.

Mike
thanx i will give that a try, when you do it that way by dropping the back of it do you still use the spring compressor? also i am not too worried about it sitting like a 4x4 its a fairmont lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts