DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I drive a fookin Honda
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to install my RPM intake tonight and ran into a snag. First of all i picked this intake up used so i do not have any of the misc. items included w/the intake. No bolts, fittings, etc. I pulled my Cobra upper and was going to start swapping over parts and noticed that the PCV valve does not fit w/out the baffle inlcluded w/the intake (if bought new).

Is there any way to adapt this to fit w/out ordering parts from Edelbrock? Was curious if anyone had done this swap from the point i'm at.

·
I drive a fookin Honda
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. Well, at first i forgot to pull out the OE rubber insert and it fits fine in the Edelbrock intake. I guess my question is: Is this what they refer to as baffle? I guess they include a new one? Other than that insert, is that all you installed prior to reinstalling the PCV?

·
IA2
22,150 Posts
There is also a metal plate below the wire mesh thing. It attaches under the manifold and the mesh thing goes in the hole on top first, then the rubber thing and the PCV goes in the rubber. Since you have a used intake the plate may already be in place.

If the plate is not there then you will consume copious amounts of oil, or so i'm told. If I remember right the plate is the same as the one on your OEM intake (compare the mounting holes). Maybe you can get the plate off the old intake and use some screws w/loctite to hold it on the new manifold if need be.

I bought a new performer (same lower as the RPM) and it came with the plate uninstalled. I had to attach it to the lower.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.