DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Bottle Fed
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got a stock 91 block - just wondering if edelbrock performer rpms will bolt up w/out problems since they have 2.02 - 1.60's
it is carbureted w/b303 cam. thanks for the info guys!

· Premium Member
722 Posts
Strokd dad's car has a stock block w/the edelbrock 6039's 2.02/1.6's and an E cam w/1.6's...I was going to attempt putting my 6039's on a stock 93 motor, but was too concerned with p/v issues so I didn't. The only way to know is check it for yourself. I know that doesn't help too much...You might want to try and stick to the smaller valved heads or notch your pistons

· Resident Pinstriper
4,978 Posts
Since the stock pistons DO have valve reliefs, you MAY be able to get away with it, since you have a B-cam, which has a slightly bigger duration but lower lift than the E-cam. I wouldn't run anything bigger than a 1.6 rocker though. I am actually going through the same thing with mine, but I am going with 1.90 valves (not much bigger than stock), 1.6's, and an E-cam. As was mentioned above, STROKD's dad's car had the same 2.02 heads on a stock block, with 1.6's and an E-cam, and didn't have any problems. Research NEVER hurts though.

-Aaron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.