DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know anything about the edelbrock airgap manifolds? I'm thinking about trying one on my 302. I haven't heard anything about them and have yet to see any on the street. Any info would be helpful. thanks.

·
Beer Swillin' *******
1,369 Posts
The Air Gap is an awesome intake, just make sure your hood will close with one before you order it.

·
Banned
31,053 Posts
what's with the mini-cam? :confused: that thing's smaller than an E cam!

don't run that cam with an air-gap... a regular old performer would give you more area under the curve...

once you get up over 226* @ .050", then start looking at that intake...

get a decent cam in there or run a different intake.

my .02,

Forrest

·
Registered
158 Posts
gap intake

I currently run a victor junior 302 intake, plus a one inch spacer, my question is I run the X303 cam, when does this cam come in? I put down 320 rwhp/300 tq. The intake it self I believe is 3500-8000 rpm band, I only pull it to 6500 and I was wondering if I would benifet with that intake.

thanks again,
Bryan

·
Darkside
20,179 Posts
Re: gap intake

87LX50 said:
I currently run a victor junior 302 intake, plus a one inch spacer, my question is I run the X303 cam, when does this cam come in? I put down 320 rwhp/300 tq. The intake it self I believe is 3500-8000 rpm band, I only pull it to 6500 and I was wondering if I would benifet with that intake.

thanks again,
Bryan

They whole idea is to stay in your power curve. No more rpm that your are pulling.............yes the Airgap would do you good. You could take off from rolling starts with out bogging. You can take off from a dead stop with out having to run up 3000 rpm then smoke the shit out of the tires.

·
Premium Member
14,943 Posts
hey 87lx, take the one inch spacer off of your victor junior, it will decrease the plenum volume and pull your rpm down into a more usable range, that is of course unless youre using it to clear something, but whatever. if youre planning on making any more horsepower than you are now, do NOT get rid of the victor jr, you will regret it.

adam
[email protected]

·
Registered
158 Posts
OneBadWagon,

I plan on making more HP down the road, maybe low boost twins 6-psi (turbo coupe units)-By the way the spacer is actually a nitrous plate that isnt beeing used/and is caped off.

Bryan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.