Votes: 5 33.3%
  • f

Votes: 10 66.7%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
DERP DERP DERP
36,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know which cam I should decide on, my friend at work has both of these cams, but Im not sure which one would be better for me in the long run. I plan on doing heads and intake once I get the money, Im not even sure if I will put this in now, or wait.
I need some opinions.
thanks
Jeremy

·
Poor Boy Racing
2,770 Posts
If your gonna get a blower the f-cam will work great. It really just depends on your setup though. I built one car w/ an f cam in a stock long block carbed w/ a 150 shot and it went 7.60's all day long. I've also seen some cars w/ heads, intake, ect w/ a f-cam and they ran like shit. The E-cam is great for the street but if you plan on future mods I would go w/ the f-303 or b-303.

·
The Great One
481 Posts
i have to agree with juiced86.. i think the f-cam is more a blower or nitrous cam.. if you gonna go n/a id go with the ecam or bcam.. i ve heard more good things about the ecam than the bcam, but i had a bcam in my car at one time and it seemed to give me good power but alot of people told me that the ecam would have been better..

·
DERP DERP DERP
36,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ssccoupe said:
i have to agree with juiced86.. i think the f-cam is more a blower or nitrous cam.. if you gonna go n/a id go with the ecam or bcam.. i ve heard more good things about the ecam than the bcam, but i had a bcam in my car at one time and it seemed to give me good power but alot of people told me that the ecam would have been better..
I heard the same thing pretty much, I decided on the e cam, snce I have an auto, too.:D

Jeremy

·
The Medium Kabuki
3,051 Posts
i had a 88coupe, 5spd, 306, heads, intake, with the f cam and it ran ok, but when i put the juice on it .... it ran 7.2s ... before i had the same setup but without heads and with a b cam and ran 7.9s on 1/8 .... but the f cam is for 5spd with lots of horses and a power adder...

if i were you, i'd go with the b

·
DERP DERP DERP
36,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
junkstang88 said:
Motorsport cams suck ass. Where's the option for neither ??

-Aaron
yeah, but im on a budget:(

·
DERP DERP DERP
36,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stimpy said:
The tfs stage one is much better than the alphabet cams and is 50 bux cheaper.
Im only paying $60, but if you can find me one for ~$60, I'd probably buy it!

·
Hamilton Racing Ownz U
10,712 Posts
Both cams are a shit load better than the fucken B cam... Whoever likes that cam should be shot. My friend has one in his car, and he hit the bottle, and I asked him if he had hit it. That cam sounds like shit, makes no power, and idles shitty... Glad you did not include it, it is the worst cam in the world, unless you are using stock heads, then it is decent, but why would you KEEP stock heads... wait till you put heads on it and do the cam at the same time

Both cams make really good power, but the F cam makes about 20-40 more hp depending on the set up. Another friend had heads/E cam and intake exhaust etc etc, and swapped to a f cam and picked up 3 mph and .4 seconds all day long at the track one week later, the weather hadn't changed any...

Get the F cam, you won't be sad!

·
Mr. Instigator
6,404 Posts
since you have an AOD tranny...i say get the E cam......unless you have an aftermarket stall in the tranny......Fcam wont idle very good with a stock converter...it needs a larger one

<--also likes the Fcam......makes GOOD power on the spray:D

·
gettin sideways
4,452 Posts
E-cam works good with boost :D

the F may work even better in my car but for now 122 mph on 10 lbs of boost i say the E-cam is working just fine

if i were you 90GT50, you should probably go with the F if you plan on doing heads and intake too but either one should work fine

·
DERP DERP DERP
36,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Red92Stang said:
E-cam works good with boost :D

the F may work even better in my car but for now 122 mph on 10 lbs of boost i say the E-cam is working just fine

if i were you 90GT50, you should probably go with the F if you plan on doing heads and intake too but either one should work fine
matt- yes, I plan on boost, but not in the near future, I plan on purchasing heads, and intake before I even put the cam in, so I hope it will all work out better.

bill- did you have to flycut your pistons with the f cam?also, I was thinking about a 2400-2800 stall, what do you think about this?

Jeremy

·
Premium Member
6,070 Posts
I have an AOD car with a Erson custom grind cam in it. It is very similar to the F cam. It has the same .512/.512 lift but has less duration at 222/222. I have a Performance Automatic 2200 stall convertor in it. I win some races, but I lose my fair share. In about 6 months I am going to be putting on a Paxton Supercharger so hopefully that will work good. I have ran my car at the track, but didn't do good. I was getting 2.43 60' times on Nitto Drag Radials. My car also weighs 3600 pounds without me in it. :eek: (I weigh 220) I got a best of [email protected] That was with my old setup, haven't been to the track since more mods...

·
Mr. Instigator
6,404 Posts
90GT50 said:
bill- did you have to flycut your pistons with the f cam?also, I was thinking about a 2400-2800 stall, what do you think about this?
nomy pistons are not flycut...they are just stock style forged pistons. a few months back when i was looking at putting an AOD in my car i was told by most people i trust to put a 3000-3500 stall in...i have 3.73's and i was gonna be spraying it..that should prob work good for you too, but when you get ready to buy one i would call a converter company and talk to a tech guy adn they can get you exactly waht you need..no guessing if you go that route

·
Watch Me Do Me
7,142 Posts
STROKD said:
Hense his name... Five Point SLOW B cams own... lmao:p
I wasnt saying that he should go with the B Cam, I was saying that your statements (pretty much all of them, not just the b cam statement) are relly far sketched.

·
DERP DERP DERP
36,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
runin90lx said:
nomy pistons are not flycut...they are just stock style forged pistons. a few months back when i was looking at putting an AOD in my car i was told by most people i trust to put a 3000-3500 stall in...i have 3.73's and i was gonna be spraying it..that should prob work good for you too, but when you get ready to buy one i would call a converter company and talk to a tech guy adn they can get you exactly waht you need..no guessing if you go that route
oh, ok. Thanks for the advice.

Jeremy

·
Hamilton Racing Ownz U
10,712 Posts
Five Point Slow said:
I wasnt saying that he should go with the B Cam, I was saying that your statements (pretty much all of them, not just the b cam statement) are relly far sketched.
Thanks for your expert advice...

:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts