DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just put new pads on the rear and now this! and i have checked the switch in the console. any help?

·
Registered
757 Posts
its the red brake lamp on the instrument cluster that is staying on? if so, first thing to look at is the fluid level in the master cylinder. if it is low, it will set the lamp via the low fluid level indicator switch. the other question is how did you replace your rear pads? did you use the proper tool to screw in the pistons or did you try to force them in with a c clamp. this is important.. let me know.
stroker95(david)

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
twisted. and fluid is fine.

·
Registered
757 Posts
there are only two things that can tunr that light on, low sluid,a dn parking brake switch. if both are ok, then you might want to start tracing that circuit from the instrument cluster back, and look for a short. i know you just put brakes on it, but ive seen stranger things. good luck.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i topped it off again......like 2 seconds of pouring and walla no more brake light! thank you so very much! t was driving me insane!

·
Registered
757 Posts
no prob. glad to help. the low fluid level switch is a sensitive thing, if the level isnt just right, it will set the lamp. glad to hear you foulnd it, didnt want youo to have to go looking for something else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.