DFW Mustang Forums banner

dyno numbers on a 99 cobra with n/a cams

588 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Philip 
#1 ·
We took Jeremy's cobra to Houston yesterday and were very pleased with the numbers. We were hoping for around 340, and got that from the first pull. We were able to get it up to 353rwhp by the end of the tune. It is still climbing at 7k when we let off. I don't have the dyno sheet here but I will have it tomorrow. It dynoed at 276 before the last round of mods and now 353, we were very happy. The last round of mods included HP ported heads, n/a cams, long tubes and the tune.

#4 ·
Hmmmm,

<----Starts thinking of a nice 5.4 32v conversion if he can find an intake.

Can you say 400rwhp, NA?

there are so many directions for me to go with this car. I guess the only thing that is the same is that it is going to cost big $$$$ to do whatever it is I end up doing. Oh the humanity!!!!!

manny, what can you expect by doing the P&P heads, blower cams and JBA shorties. I don't want longtubes and I want to get a blower later. consider the mods in the sig and I am planning on getting a tweecer if this group buy goes.

#5 ·
hey matt, you may wanted to think about just gettin an 01 cobra crate motor. a guy did this on the corral, do a search for it. he's makin 317 rwhp with stock motor, exhaust, boltons, tune. do a search for it on the corral.

marcus

#8 ·
Aggie97 I would think we should be able to get it real close to 300 but to be safe I will say between 285-300. That is running a blower cam on a n/a setup.
Kaji98z On that particular car they run $1,850 for the port & polish, valve job, and regrind cams.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.