DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
The Janitor
16,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pre-emptive strike on this one!

I ran David Z28's father at the cruise. I knew it was a setup when the tech goes " yew wanna run the diesel?" :)

All in all, i think a diesel that runs 8.2's and 8.1s flat out kicks ass! I know there are going to be some pic's of this.

All in all i was happy with the cruise. I ran an 8.5, then 8.4 , then an 8.3 and LAST run i squeaked by with an 8.2 ! Pretty stoked about that. Didnt take a thing out of the car, full tank of gas, didnt even adjust air pressure or adjust the shocks and struts. Im still short a few mph though, as i have run 86 mph previously.

Also, im excited i got my best 60 foot ever on the 8.2 run with a 1.83. 3500 launch, walked out the clutch before the tree and off she went. I got a trio of 1.8x's the day so im happy that the new control arms and subframes are really helping. 1.8's on 18's is good for me!

I think an ideal run could still net me an 7.x , with basic weight removal, adjustment of the shocks/struts to set at 1 in the front, 5s in the back, and great air and a good track. What does a 8.2 equal in the 1/4 ?

I saw some QUICK cars today , i hope everyone had fun.

·
Darkside
20,120 Posts
Good meeting you out there. Sorry I was in a rush to get to the staging lanes. I was des :( perately trying to break into the 7's...........but no dice.

·
The Janitor
16,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We were both in a rush. Im glad i finally got to put a face with the car/screen name. Im sure we will have more time to shoot the shit another day.

I met a lot of new/old faces today! Any damage reports or ET slips, g'head and post em up here . I saw a car crap out his transmission, thats no fun. I also saw a car had some electric issues as he coudnt keep the fox-body running at the line after his burnout.

·
Darkside
20,120 Posts
8.2's on a duramax :eek: Is he running propane?

·
Got Lateral G's??
9,822 Posts
You are starting to make me think 4V you fucker...

Nice runs especially on the street tires.

that 8.2 in your car is probably good for a 12.7 or so given the power you are making.....My 8.2's from 2 years ago were good for 13.02.......just for reference.

·
Premium Member
8,772 Posts
32VfromHell said:

I ran David Z28's father at the cruise. I knew it was a setup when the tech goes " yew wanna run the diesel?" :)

All in all, i think a diesel that runs 8.2's and 8.1s flat out kicks ass! I know there are going to be some pic's of this.

All in all i was happy with the cruise. I ran an 8.5, then 8.4 , then an 8.3 and LAST run i squeaked by with an 8.2 ! Pretty stoked about that. Didnt take a thing out of the car, full tank of gas, didnt even adjust air pressure or adjust the shocks and struts. Im still short a few mph though, as i have run 86 mph previously.

Also, im excited i got my best 60 foot ever on the 8.2 run with a 1.83. 3500 launch, walked out the clutch before the tree and off she went. I got a trio of 1.8x's the day so im happy that the new control arms and subframes are really helping. 1.8's on 18's is good for me!

I think an ideal run could still net me an 7.x , with basic weight removal, adjustment of the shocks/struts to set at 1 in the front, 5s in the back, and great air and a good track. What does a 8.2 equal in the 1/4 ?

I saw some QUICK cars today , i hope everyone had fun.
Nice meeting you also...... :D

·
M0DERAT0R
19,655 Posts
Don't feel bad, Ryan. It's tough for a car without stickies to overcome the 4wd advantage. Plus the old man was killing the tree.

No propane, but it doesn't run low 8s either. On the 2nd pass, it ran a 8.3 for the win against a newer black GT or Mach 1.

Diesels are cool.

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
I saw that and had to take a double take. He was a few cars ahead of a Mustang and then I saw the 8.3 light up and thought WTF!

·
Darkside
20,120 Posts
Boss Hogg said:
No propane, but it doesn't run low 8s either. On the 2nd pass, it ran a 8.3 for the win against a newer black GT or Mach 1.

Diesels are cool.

Isn't an 8.3................low 8's :confused:

·
Darkside
20,120 Posts
Boss Hogg said:
I dunno. I think of an 8.1-8.2 as a "low 8". You're probably right.

Anything below 8.5 is low 8's. ;)

·
AHMO!
16,810 Posts
aggie97 said:
You are starting to make me think 4V you fucker...

Nice runs especially on the street tires.

that 8.2 in your car is probably good for a 12.7 or so given the power you are making.....My 8.2's from 2 years ago were good for 13.02.......just for reference.
don't give up on the lil 2v...with my car at 3700 lbs and only 234 rwhp i busted off a few 8.7xx's today.

·
Punk Ass Newbie
4,554 Posts
32VfromHell said:

I got some pics. :D Don't feel bad Ryan, the car lengths he put on you would have been bus lengths on me.

I believe the black mustang was a mach I. Pretty impressive diesel!!! I'll get my pics up in a bit.

·
The Janitor
16,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Boss Hogg said:
Don't feel bad, Ryan. It's tough for a car without stickies to overcome the 4wd advantage. Plus the old man was killing the tree.

Diesels are cool.

I had a blast. It was a hoot to get creamed by something that , by all rights, should NOT belong at a drag strip! I was like "what the fuuuuu......" as that freight train tore down the track. Gotta love it! Did he get his transmission to better cooperate?

Besides, cant win em all. I should be thankful it wasnt his real car, shouldnt i ? :)

Against him was my 2nd pass. First run i tried 3000, bogged. 2nd pass , 4000 - spun and had to walk the gas. 3rd- 3700 spun a little, 4th and 5th runs were at 3500, and it left just right.

Great to meet you too, TOMMY.

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
Big Thumper said:
I saw that and had to take a double take. He was a few cars ahead of a Mustang and then I saw the 8.3 light up and thought WTF!
So did I and like half the people near me! :D

·
M0DERAT0R
19,655 Posts
He stopped racing after the 2nd run. It picked up 2.5mph on the 2nd run. My boy was ready to go, so we left early.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts