DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Banned
10,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/04/23/2137679/fort-worth-officer-faces-charge.html

Fort Worth officer faces charge after crashing truck into house
Posted Friday, Apr. 23, 2010 FORT WORTH -- A Fort Worth police officer faces a charge of intoxication assault after police say he crashed his pickup truck into a home early Thursday while off-duty, knocking a man and woman from their bed.

Officer Michael L. Buchanan, who has been with the department since December 2004, was taken to John Peter Smith Hospital following the 1:30 a.m. wreck. A sample of his blood was taken for blood alcohol testing, police said.

He later was booked into the Fort Worth jail on suspicion of intoxication assault and placed on restricted duty, according to a press released issued by the department Friday.

According to the release, investigators believe Buchanan was driving east on Crockett Drive when he ran a stop sign at the intersection of Brownfield Drive. The off-duty officer traveled another approximately 75 feet before driving through the wall of a home in the 11300 block of Brownfield Road and into a bedroom, knocking a 21-year-old woman and 20-year-old man from their bed.

The woman was transported to Texas Health Fort Worth hospital with minor injuries.

Buchanan refused medical treatments on the scene, the release states.

“Internal Affairs is conducting an administrative investigation separate from a criminal investigation being conducted by the Traffic Investigation Unit,” the release states. “Earlier this morning Police Chief Jeffrey Halstead contacted the injured party and let her know that Buchanan was an off duty Fort Worth Police Officer and that he (Chief) will take decisive action if Buchanan is found to have been drinking.”

·
Lifer
12,430 Posts
WTF? I saw that on the news, but they didn't say anything about his employment.

I wonder where he worked? I bet I see a vacancy announcement! DOH!

·
Premium Member
6,741 Posts
Whats bad is that all cops know that drinking and driving don't mix. They see it everyday, and yet they will get drunk, and get behind the wheel. Sad sad.. I hope the innocent people involved are ok.

·
Lifer
12,430 Posts
Like nobody heard about Officer Cisneros killing that woman... :dunno:

·
The first, the original
7,397 Posts
I wonder if the couple was bangin.

"OMG! OMG OMG!!!!!"

CRASH!!!!

"OooommmmGGGGG!"

She'd think the dude was legendary until they realize a truck is parked in the bed.

·
SingleFTMFW!
1,559 Posts

·
Musician for the deaf
9,656 Posts
http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/04/23/2137679/fort-worth-officer-faces-charge.html
He later was booked into the Fort Worth jail on suspicion of intoxication assault and placed on restricted duty, according to a press released issued by the department Friday.
Hmm, they treat them pretty well then. Because a regular joe working a non-government job would be dealing with a loss of said job and a major issue getting gainful employment just with the arrest. nevermnd the pressing criminal problems.

So I guess he'll be a deputy in 6 months?

Level playing field I'm sure.

·
Lifer
12,430 Posts
Hmm, they treat them pretty well then. Because a regular joe working a non-government job would be dealing with a loss of said job and a major issue getting gainful employment just with the arrest. nevermnd the pressing criminal problems.

So I guess he'll be a deputy in 6 months?

Level playing field I'm sure.

Are you on crack?

Tell me how many construction workers lose their job due to a DWI on personal time?

He will be investigated and disciplined, up to and including termination. If they were to fire him on the spot without due process (the same due process that EVERONE gets), then he would just get his job back.

Some of you people have the mental capacity of a gnat.

·
Musician for the deaf
9,656 Posts
Are you on crack?

Tell me how many construction workers lose their job due to a DWI on personal time?

He will be investigated and disciplined, up to and including termination. If they were to fire him on the spot without due process (the same due process that EVERONE gets), then he would just get his job back.

Some of you people have the mental capacity of a gnat.
Apparently you are not aware of what the innertubes has done for background checks. We aren't talking about jobs that pay cash in the end. A simple arrest pretty much kills someone. Regardless of the circumstances. Often regardless of the source.

In this case I don't see that, and I notice you didn't acknowledge the deputy angle.

This person's retention by an employer is weak sauce compared to a non-LEO. Are you trying to deny that?

1 - 20 of 77 Posts