DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a place to get my drive shaft replaced at out in the arling ton mansfield area. Tried replaceing it last night but the drive shaft in it was so long that we could not get it out. Or if there is a person out here that can do it please let me know please and thank you for the help.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the jack stands were in the front because we were putting the starter back in at the same time because the starter bolts vibrated out when I brought the car home from the guy I bought it from. We jacked up the rear end of the car using a jack. Just realy need to get it replaced and after last night dont mind spending some cash to do it.

·
Premium Member
14,152 Posts
I don't get it, DS is in the car and you can't get it out, right? Jack the back end up so the axle is hanging down.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Never pulled one before and from what a friend told me, not saying he is right, is that he could not get it out because of the length of the driveshaft. I realy dont know or understand just need it switched cause it feels like i am driving a message chair and dont want anything else to vibrate of of the car like the starter did.

·
Merry HoHo
32,791 Posts
place the jack stands on the rear sub frame and let the rear habg down. then use a large pry bar and pry the DS forward after you unbolt it. if it went in, it will come out.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
SNEAKY said:
place the jack stands on the rear sub frame and let the rear habg down. then use a large pry bar and pry the DS forward after you unbolt it. if it went in, it will come out.
You have to pry it foward for it to come out (after you unbolt it of course).. especially if it has been years since it has been pulled.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts