DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These e-brake cables are driving me crazy. Seems I'm missing a bracket in the transmission tunnel where the front of the cables mount. Until I get that bracket back on, I can't install the cables correctly.

Will the car pass inspection without an e-brake? It's a 5-speed car, BTW.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
I don't think they checked mine.

·
Registered
175 Posts
My car almost failed it's inspection do to the e-brake would not "hold the car on an incline", which the inspector said that it must do to pass. It did finally hold the car after I yanked the piss out of the brake! But hopefully anal inspectors like that are rare!

·
tear'n asphalt in the 68'
1,489 Posts
They usually over look it, but it is required by my understanding. Ahh... the good thing about having a 68' is they dont check shit, you just give em some cash and they hand you a new sticker :)

·
The Janitor
16,424 Posts
trust me on this, they will check it, and fail you if the inspector is a real stickler.

<--- failed inspection from it, then got his 2nd e-brake line put on and passed

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
32VfromHell said:
trust me on this, they will check it, and fail you if the inspector is a real stickler.

<--- failed inspection from it, then got his 2nd e-brake line put on and passed
DAMN IT! :mad:

·
Registered
175 Posts
PDRed302 said:
They usually over look it, but it is required by my understanding. Ahh... the good thing about having a 68' is they dont check shit, you just give em some cash and they hand you a new sticker :)
My car was a 67' that they were giving me a hard time about!

·
Rolling with the homies
43,268 Posts
I failed as well on a couple of occasions because of the emergency brake :mad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts