DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Vikings are next!
8,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As stated above? Some guy on svtperformance said that anyone who runs in the 1/8 mile is a ricer!....he said it was because you didn't have enough money to make your car fast enough to run in the 1/4 mile! Is this true? ........they got mad cause I told him that my car ran better times than some focker in a 03 cobra who couldn't drive woth a shit...so they called me and anyone else who runs the 1/8th a ricer!..............I posted the links to the two videos that were here where a TT GT walks all over a modded cobra, and one where I think a RX-7 walks on both the cobra and the TT GT, So they said that I was hating on the cobras because of that!

·
Merry HoHo
32,791 Posts
i think only caring about your 1/4 times makes you more of a ricer.

·
Big Fundamental
911 Posts
That's fucking retarded. The only difference in the 8th mile and the quarter mile is standing on the gas. All the shifting is done by the 8th mile mark (at least in my Cobra). For most of those guys that's where they make up for the fact that they can't drive.

A lot of the new Cobra owners aren't Ford guys, they are horsepower groupies and checkbook racers (hence the "not enough money" comment). They are the Eurotrash of car owners, and act like snobs. Truthfully, I like the Z06 guys more than a lot of them.

·
Vikings are next!
8,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They get all flamed if you post some videos of modded cobras getting a whooping...and once they see it they come out with excuses like ...it was a bad driver..........and uh the cobra needed more mods...and if a modded cobra loose to a modded zooh..they bust out with the i only have a chip and a pulley as compared to what you paid for your mods! :confused: ....all they like to see is modded cobras beating stock c5's and what not!:rolleyes:

·
IA2
22,413 Posts
I can think of some reasons to run 1/8 over 1/4:

1. Track is closer (for me, anyway)
2. Less wear & tear on equipment
3. A little safer since top end speeds are lower
4. They can run more cars through in the same amount of time since the race is over sooner
5. Less race gas used
6. Less "attitude" from the 1/8 track owners

and so on.

There is nothing like a full-on 1/4 mile pass but the 1/8 mile tracks have a place also. The 1/8 = ricer comment must have been made by a snob or purist.

·
Big Fundamental
911 Posts
Dangerous Miguel said:
They get all flamed if you post some videos of modded cobras getting a whooping...and once they see it they come out with excuses like ...it was a bad driver..........and uh the cobra needed more mods...and if a modded cobra loose to a modded zooh..they bust out with the i only have a chip and a pulley as compared to what you paid for your mods! :confused: ....all they like to see is modded cobras beating stock c5's and what not!:rolleyes:
So you were in there pissing them off just for kicks, huh?

Good!

·
Creator of Blue Steel and Magnum
1,722 Posts
Yes!

mikeb said:

4. They can run more cars through in the same amount of time since the race is over sooner
5. Less race gas used

and so on.

There is nothing like a full-on 1/4 mile pass but the 1/8 mile tracks have a place also. The 1/8 = ricer comment must have been made by a snob or purist.
Someone has it right.... #6 is so true! That damn helmet ruins my hair.

·
OLD SCHOOL crew
11,619 Posts
Quick - someone let Tony Thorn know he is a RICER...

·
Is it cold in here?
7,371 Posts
I'm way more into 1/4 mile stuff than the 1/8, but i've found more (hardcore) drag racers and cars in the 1/8. Also, being from up north, 1/8 mile racing is way more popular in the south than anywhere else.

p.s. The insurance for a track to run a full 1/4 is more than twice as much also!!

·
Gunga galunga
7,544 Posts
humm 15 minute drive to Kennedale or an hour drive to Ennis...

G Tech gives me 1/4 times:D

·
M0DERAT0R
19,655 Posts
Sounds like they are making an excuse because the 03 Cobra's IRS can't launch very well.

·
Boost is Life
4,327 Posts
I've been looking all over that forum. I found the thread I think you are referring to, and I haven't seen anyone say anything about being a ricer if you run the 1/8th mile.

Link the thread please.

·
Very Thankful!
8,943 Posts
I race both just so I can compare my times with the few that will only race one length. :D

You should really stop worrying about what other people say and just be happy with what you got.

·
Banned
20,196 Posts
Dangerous Miguel said:
Did you see my post when I said that when my car is done I should be able to beat a STOCK 03' cobra. This one guy said that NO2 is cheating when he's got a 112 c.i. hair dryer force-feeding his shit. Then some other guy said that with my combo on top of a supercharger, I couldn't take a stock 03' cobra. I proved him wrong REAL fast.:) Most 03's get in the low 8's stock in the 1/8th and I was talking to some kid who had an 11lbs ATI pro-charger who ran a 8.1 on 235's with no other mods but exhaust.

Some of the guys over in SVTperformance are dumbass, stuck up asswad's but most of them are pretty cool and at some point owned a fox, or a previous 4.6 and know what it's like.

·
Target Practice
3,005 Posts
mikeb said:

5. Less race gas used

and so on.

Amen! I dont really care to drive way the hell out of my way just to go twice the distance. Like a post I read earlier, all the shifting is done before the 8th, and everyone racing the 1/4 and relying on it has no balls. Besides, it's a hell of alot closer than ennis.

·
Got Lateral G's??
9,822 Posts
Reply back and call them a bunch of pussies who got kicked off the corral.net and see what they say........

keep in mind most of them are probably 35+ years old and think they are god's gift to the world of sportscars.

·
Registered
727 Posts
i happen to like rice....

well..we over here at BGNRACING happen to like rice.....chinese food that is......1/8th mile racing is just much easier on the equipment......that and there are 3 tracks within 40 miles of the shop,which we're gonna be wearin out starting next month

1 - 20 of 46 Posts