DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Procrastination Racing
9,224 Posts
The Eclipse 56050 is a very nice in dash am/fm 6 disc changer. It requires an amplifier.

·
Pro-Israel; Pro-War
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EW said:
The Eclipse 56050 is a very nice in dash am/fm 6 disc changer. It requires an amplifier.
i heard that there were some quality control issues w/that head unit. and i know they are mega $$$$$$....anyhting else????

·
Premium Member
4,291 Posts
alpine makes some badass ones, not too bad in $$$ for what you get. Eclipse and alpine are what I would get if anything.

·
Procrastination Racing
9,224 Posts
Alpine does not make a 6 disc in dash player.

I am not aware of issues with that Eclipse unit.

·
Premium Member
4,291 Posts
oops, sorry guys, didn't read the thread right. I thought he was just looking for a head unit and then attach a changer. Although I do remember a 3 disc changer/head unit that alpine makes;) ...

couldn't tell you how good it was though:(

·
Procrastination Racing
9,224 Posts
Those are DIN. DIN is the standard deck size. 1/2 DIN is the size of most in dash EQ's.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Doh! That's what happens when I make a quick post after 4 a.m.! What I was actually implying (instead of actually typing) is that those are both single DIN units as opposed to the double single DIN setups historically available from both Nak and Eclipse. Just mentioned that since a '93 has enough space for a twin single setup. At this point might as well mention the fact that Blaupunkt produces a single DIN changer unit for use with a separate single DIN unit.

The big question here is 'Does the question referring to a "cd changer/head unit" only inquire about head units with changers built-in or will info regarding quality head units/separate changers satisfy as well?'...

And let's not forget that anyone who has the space can run after a Ford in-dash changer as well.

SP

·
Registered
298 Posts
One other question for red93coupe -- Have you considered grabbing a few CDRW's and a MP3/WMA capable head unit to act as your "custom changer" while the cost to eventually toss in a HD based head unit/external HD quickly drops?

To top that off, what's the overall purpose for the system, i.e. "just hear some music" or are you looking to go hardcore with the whole setup?

SP

1 - 11 of 11 Posts