DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Crash Test Dummy
21,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think they are the bologna and hotdogs of the Donut industry? A shameless attempt to market the leftover, unwanted piece of a donut?

·
Registered
380 Posts
MMMmmmmm...donutsss.

I like em. Hopefully, they're not swept up pieces of dough from the floor like hot dogs and bologne are.

I cringe when I read the ingredients for hot dogs. "Beef, pork & other meat parts".. Other meat parts?

·
Premium Member
10,174 Posts
Nope, I think they are great. If you are craving a donut you can eat one (or more) of those and they are a lot smaller than regular donuts. Also, some places have chocolate covered donut holes now. Mmmmmm. :D

·
Registered
774 Posts
The prevailing theory in academic circles is that, while tasty and donut like, donut holes are actually a completely seprate class of pastry. Earlier pastryoligists lumped them in as a mutation or subspecis of the traditional donut class because of the similarity of their constituent parts. Recent advances in pastry analysis by Krispy Kreme labs is creating a push in the culinary sciences community to rename this delactable snack to better reflect it place in the baked good hierarchy.

Monsoon X said:
Do you think they are the bologna and hotdogs of the Donut industry? A shameless attempt to market the leftover, unwanted piece of a donut?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Re: Re: Does anyone know about Donut holes?

EquusCriollo said:
The prevailing theory in academic circles is that, while tasty and donut like, donut holes are actually a completely seprate class of pastry. Earlier pastryoligists lumped them in as a mutation or subspecis of the traditional donut class because of the similarity of their constituent parts. Recent advances in pastry analysis by Krispy Kreme labs is creating a push in the culinary sciences community to rename this delactable snack to better reflect it place in the baked good hierarchy.

Only you would post something as absurd as this! ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts