DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone do their own bodywork that is looking for a nice project to fix. I have a wrecked black 92 LX, needs about an hour to an hour and a half of straightening on a frame machine, have all other parts for it. Mods in Sig, also has 2 1/2 inch cowl hood, cobra grill, and nice grey GT interior. Taking offers. Also have an 89 GT chassis, needs rearend, setup for carb, 4 point rollbar, 5 inch Monster tach, subframes, Lakewood 90/10s, would make great race car. Taking offers. Have my eye on a Silver 88 with mass air conversion and I need the money to buy it.

·
"R" Code
1,960 Posts
what are you looking for $$? what did it hit? how bad is the damage? what needs to be replaced

·
Premium Member
3,794 Posts
I'm interested,

Give me a starting price, and we'll go from there.

ALso, pics are nice!

Shawn

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It hit a 91 explorer, and it only caught it about three inches in on the front bumper. If you look in the homestangs section under Andrew Jackson, you will see it before the wreck. I will try and post up some pics tomorrow at work of the car after the wreck. The 92 is in pristine condition except where it was hit. If I don't get any good offers I am just going to part it all out.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I like your creative marketing. :cool: Here's another angle: This looks like a good candidate for a Factory Five donor car. http://www.factoryfive.com/

If you get to the point where you're parting it out, you might consider offering it on one of those forums (I know they exist, I'll let you do the search). Of course, you'll still want to sell some stuff that won't be used, like the hood, grill, seats, etc. There isn't exactly a mustang shortage out there, so a 'stang with a bent frame might be a tough sell.

Or maybe you'll just get the FFR kit yourself :)

I'd consider snagging it for this, but my wife will kill me if I take something like this on before I finish all the house remodeling that we've started and not finished...

Good Luck.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heres the deal. My friend had hit a curb that was about 10 inches tall doing 70 mph. His strut tower was about an inch from his throttle body, his roof pushed up about an inch and a half, his windshield broke, and the frame was bent two inches. It only cost him $360 to get it straightened completely, including the roof. I have driven his car since then and it drives like it is brand new. My strut tower brace didn't move an inch and I have driven the car since the wreck. It needs about an hour of frame work then a good alignment and it will be good as new.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just priced the 92 parted out and it is worth over 3000 parted out. That isn't even including the 89, which I am just basically wanting to get rid of to make room. How about 3750 obo for both.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Not to clutter your post but if frame work is done right that car can be as good or better than new. I own a Collision center and do frame work all of the time and have had cars that were really tweaked come out like new. Plus Frame work runs anywhere from $36-50 and hour depending on where you take it. FYI I wouldn't take it to the cheapest either, on bodywork, frame, and paint work you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks for that jr347, some people just don't understand that a frame machine can do alot. My friends car took two and a half hours on the machine, they straightened the roof and everything, and put his new door and fender on and aligned them for $360. His car now drives like it just came off the lot.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ttt

1 - 13 of 13 Posts