DFW Mustang Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
LUCIFER
5,462 Posts
I've got a small tool set and a fire extinguisher.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I carry an assortment of tools in the coupe and a jump box, instead of jumper cables. I only carry my jumpbox in my truck though. I need to put some tools in my truck cause you never know.

·
Banned
31,758 Posts
I guess I'm just too much of a boyscout to drive around without any tools... I like to be able to take off on a moment's notice and I like to be as prepared as possible (within reason)

I also am quick to help people out in a bind, and most of the time, that requires tools.

at minimum I would have a philips, a flathead, and two pair of vise grips! :D

·
Never Enough
3,932 Posts
The trunk of my car has a tool box with a ton of tools, zipties, duct tape, wire hangers plus extra idler pullies and belts. I catch pure hell from buddies when my trunk is open, but it comes in handy.

·
Banned
31,758 Posts
The trunk of my car has a tool box with a ton of tools, zipties, duct tape, wire hangers plus extra idler pullies and belts. I catch pure hell from buddies when my trunk is open, but it comes in handy.
probably won't be catching hell from those Nancys if they're in a bind, and your toolbox saves their ass

·
Registered
269 Posts
I bought a cheap AWOL type bag at Harbor Freight. I have a cheap set of wrenches, sockets, pliers and some fuses and clamps. I also bought a GOOD tire plugging set and a small 12 volt compressor. I cut the cigarette plug off and changed the cord to a heavier one and put on some good clamps to go to the battery posts. Tape, wire, bulbs and wire ties all fit in the bag that goes in a Fox coupe trunk or behind a seat in a truck. I just put it in whatever I am driving at the time. It has saved my ass several times. It has allowed me to help others also. If I'm going very far and for any time, I carry my charged up jump box. That sure beats asking for a jump from some stranger that knows you are stranded.

·
Premium Member
7,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I bought a cheap AWOL type bag at Harbor Freight. I have a cheap set of wrenches, sockets, pliers and some fuses and clamps. I also bought a GOOD tire plugging set and a small 12 volt compressor. I cut the cigarette plug off and changed the cord to a heavier one and put on some good clamps to go to the battery posts. Tape, wire, bulbs and wire ties all fit in the bag that goes in a Fox coupe trunk or behind a seat in a truck. I just put it in whatever I am driving at the time. It has saved my ass several times. It has allowed me to help others also. If I'm going very far and for any time, I carry my charged up jump box. That sure beats asking for a jump from some stranger that knows you are stranded.
Are you really in Temple? The reason I ask is, I go there all the time, but I noticed on 35 there is a car dealer with nothing but classic cars sitting on his lot. You know what is up with that?

·
Premium Member
36,166 Posts
I quit carrying tools in my cars when I quit driving clapped out foxbodies.
I quit carying tools when I found out about that number on the baclk of my DL!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I drive a 2012 F250 and I always carry tools with me. It's because I am a plumber. It's not the car tools I store but tools for plumbing. I have installed a wheel well tool box kit on the both side of the bed. It's tucked in neatly and it's an undercase swing door. Very convenient to store my tools. If you have a truck, I would recommend it and it's not just for F250, there's lots of options here look. I had it for 4 years now and no signs of replacing it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I carry basic tools for minor repairs that I can perform. Just lucky to have a mechanic buddy who can easily address minor issues before they do more damages. I recently got a new set of tires from 4Wheelonline so I remove the portable air pump and other tools to give room for more camping stuff.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts