DFW Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
I usually carry a small tool set in my car, just in case.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
I keep tools in my truck, but as far as the vette goes all it has is fix a flat and a mini compressor since I'm not running run flats on it and there is no spare.

·
Resident Pinstriper
5,190 Posts
When I drive the Riviera I keep my 200+ tool set in the trunk in case anything goes wrong. Ya never know when driving a 45 year old car.

·
Premium Member
14,152 Posts
I have a whole set in my work truck, shit lately i have all my ac tools with going back and forth b/c i do side work at home also. 1 of those boxes has special ac tools,meter, code scanner and i also have my netbook+ ex hard drive that has Alldat and Mitchell loaded on it.
My fkn mustang has had ignition switch issues, so i have a bag with everything to drop the column and change the switch out. So far after swapping everything to motorcraft parts its been good.

·
Nobody
1,803 Posts
I keep one of those fold up tool kits you can get at wal-mart for like 20 bucks in all my vehicles. Most of the time they get used for non-auto related circumstances. They take up no space and get the job done. Of course duct tape goes without saying.

·
Nobody
1,803 Posts
When I drive the Riviera I keep my 200+ tool set in the trunk in case anything goes wrong. Ya never know when driving a 45 year old car.
No shit. I keep a spare bag in my 64 C10 that has a bunch of fuses, a couple fuel filters and a couple rolls of wire and tape in addition to the tool kit. The electrical gremlins only come out on the road, never at the house.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
I try to keep a small assortment of most commonly needed things in my cars just in case. Items I try to always have handy: Flat and Phillips screwdrivers, small adjustable (crescent) wrench, needle nose pliers, small pair of wire cutters/strippers, couple rolls of black electrical tape. On long trips I carry a fairly complete SAE/Metric socket set and a Fluke DVM.

·
Turn Your Swag On!
1,707 Posts
I'll keep a small fix-it set in my trunk: pliers, wrenches, socket set, screw drivers, duct tape, hammer. I've never used it on my car, but it comes in handy for the most random stuff. I think I've used it more for minor fixes at work than anything else.

·
I miss Colorado
2,310 Posts
I have a 50lb small craftsman toolbox, in any truck I drive... There isnt too much I couldnt fix with that little box

·
fuckcanada
5,325 Posts
I keep my datacenter kit in my truck, nothing too useful to fix my expedition except maybe some sockets for my 22's and I guess my impact mikita

·
Professional Driver
6,664 Posts
I use my truck to run calls - I normally have my toolbag in the backseat. I have various wrenches, screwdrivers, roll of blue towels and some hand cleaner. Nothing specific for the truck but I can rig something in a bind.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I bought a $30 dollar tool kit from Harbor Freight I carry around in the trunk of the daily. That and jumper cables.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts