DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys keep a set of tools in your car? I never have, unless I am going on a long trip out of town. I was thinking this weekend it might be a good idea to keep a small set of tools in each car, and the main craftsman set at home.

What do you guys do? Is having a set of tools in each car overkill?

·
DFWmustangs.net
6,015 Posts
I drive a Tundra, dont need no stinking tools because it wont break down.

Just waiting for the accelerator pedal to stick

I do keep a can of "fix a flat" in all the car's just incase

·
Premium Member
7,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I drive a Tundra, dont need no stinking tools because it wont break down.

Just waiting for the accelerator pedal to stick

I do keep a can of "fix a flat" in all the car's just incase
LOL I drove a yota and never really thought about it, until I bought a 2000 expedition.

·
Worship me
34,345 Posts
No, I am like Macguyver I can blow up a bridge with a fudgesicle, a SCREW magazine and a pencil. The SCREW is just for reading.

·
Keep your unicorns
12,421 Posts
Not since I quit driving VWs.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I drive an old Chevy 1/2 ton and I keep a full range of wrenchs, sockets, various pliers and adjustable wrenches, hammers, and screw drivers. It has saved my ass plenty of times.

I work 75 miles from home, if something breaks I'm pretty much on my own to fix it in order to be able to get home that day.

I've changed wheel bearings in fast food parkingl lots, engine accessories in the parking lot at work, hell I took the bed off, and replaced the fuel pump while cutting in an access door at work.

I keep a small tool set in the wife's car as well as fire extinguishers/flashlights in both. You never know what might crop up.

I also keep an assortment of ropes/chains/straps/bungees, a shovel, crowbars and warning triangles in the truck.

·
Sure Shot
3,353 Posts
I carry tools, straps, jack stands, jack, and who knows what else. I also drive a Yota. Its a 93 Land Cruiser with 226k on the ticker, and runs like a champ. But I take it camping and to the hunting lease, so you never know what I may or may not need. Besides, I may find a Jeep stranded somewhere. :D

·
Registered
718 Posts
couple or screwdrivers maybe some pliers

·
Registered
603 Posts
I always keep a toolbox in the car.

·
DERP DERP DERP
36,645 Posts
Ratchets, and ratchet wrenches, screwdrivers, spare parts, etc. I really need to clean out my car, lol.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I carry tools, straps, jack stands, jack, and who knows what else. I also drive a Yota. Its a 93 Land Cruiser with 226k on the ticker, and runs like a champ. But I take it camping and to the hunting lease, so you never know what I may or may not need. Besides, I may find a Jeep stranded somewhere. :D
Pulled out more Yotas with my Jeep than Jeeps.. LOL!

·
reppin tha westside
3,948 Posts
I keep a toolbox in the back of the back of the 46, some of the guys i make long runs with drive chevrolets.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts