DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The first, the original
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to choose new mufflers for the 72 Capri. This is a 2600 v6. It has these tiny little Pacesetter mufflers right now. Probably 8" x 16" x 2.5". I want a deeper tone to the exhaust. These sound too raspy. When chossing mufflers, what do you look for to get the sound you want?

·
gotta love hotties
1,093 Posts
u can get sound clips from most any manufacturer website. Larger isnt really deeper. It depends on the internal setup; ie baffles, chambers, resonators....etc. Best thing to do is to try to find some sound clips. If you cant, just go with some 2 chamber flows (40 series) They have 2 options of sound level with the same sound quality. either loud or not as loud. I think one is called delta flow and it is the quieter one. the other is the original 40 series and it is louder. hope this helps!

·
Is it cold in here?
7,371 Posts
Frank said:
I am trying to choose new mufflers for the 72 Capri. This is a 2600 v6. It has these tiny little Pacesetter mufflers right now. Probably 8" x 16" x 2.5". I want a deeper tone to the exhaust. These sound too raspy. When chossing mufflers, what do you look for to get the sound you want?

I have a friend who has a 74 (I think) Capri. Maybe it's a 76. But anyway, he put a 302 and a TKO in it. 302 had Dart heads and a solid lifter cam and that thing hauled ass. Just thought I'd let you know it fits with no problems

·
The first, the original
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, its a popular conversion even though the car is pretty rare. I know where one is for sale with a gt40 crate motor in it.

Your friend still have it? Is he local?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts