DFW Mustang Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Frequent Flyer
9,148 Posts
I HATE, HATE.............HATE Direct TV !!!!

We had Dish Network and I loved it.

Direct TV stalls left and right, when you fast forward your DVR and then push play, its delayed about 15-20 seconds or more behind, where you stopped it. For instance, when your fastforwarding and you see where your movie resumes after the commercial and you push play, it starts back in the middle of the commercial before the movie resumed.

Direct TV will not go to the closest channel when you try to manual enter a channel. All you get it a beep and a window pops up that says "Channel not available" Dish Network will automatically move you to the closest channel to it.
I never have a problem with this on any of my receivers. I FFWD on X3 and as soon as the show starts again I hit play and it automatically backs up about 10 seconds and starts from there (usually about the end of the last commercial).

My HD DVR receivers have been slow as shit lately, but it usually speeds up and gets back normal after a day or two. There's actually some extremely troubleshooting and tech advice on the DTV forums on their website if you ever run into issues.

·
Fear the Stashe
3,227 Posts
My original DVR box harddrive died so i called them and they say there gonna send me another.

1st replacement - wrong box, non hd,i call them back, they confirm it was the wrong box and will send me another.

2nd replacement - its the same exact box they sent me last time, i call them back, bitch, they plan to send me another replacement and confirm again it was the wrong box...

3rd replacement - its finally an HD-DVR ... but they forgot to send me a sticker to send back the 2nd replacement they shipped me ..

oh and to find out this DVR only records 1 tv channel at a time instead of recording 2... WTF

Its been two weeks and they still havent sent me the sticker to send back the 2nd box, i'm gonna call today to tell them they sent me the 3rd wrong DVR.

·
Premium Member
7,017 Posts
I HATE, HATE.............HATE Direct TV !!!!

We had Dish Network and I loved it.

Direct TV stalls left and right, when you fast forward your DVR and then push play, its delayed about 15-20 seconds or more behind, where you stopped it. For instance, when your fastforwarding and you see where your movie resumes after the commercial and you push play, it starts back in the middle of the commercial before the movie resumed.

Direct TV will not go to the closest channel when you try to manual enter a channel. All you get it a beep and a window pops up that says "Channel not available" Dish Network will automatically move you to the closest channel to it.
No cable, Dish, U-Verse, or DirecTV for us at present.

Off-the-air with a TiVo DVR FTW......do miss NFL Sunday Ticket though.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.