DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm behind the times, but I need to get a digital camera. Since I've never had one, I really don't know much about them. Ex: Good brands? What do I need to look for/avoid? What is a fair price? Where is a good place to look? :confused:

Any imput you have would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Well, anything under 3 megapixels is pretty much a camera phone anymore, so get something higher than that. The higher the optical zoom the better... digital zoom is alright, but isn't all that impressive.
I've got the kodak dx 7630 (6.1 mp) that I picked up from someone on here actually (Thanks Thurston) and it's amazing. But Kodak, Sony, and Olympus are all pretty good brands. I'm sure you could get onto epinions.com and look up some reviews on cameras and then see where they're available.
Anyone else?

R

·
0 Posts
What will you be using it for?

Answer that before you pick something, listen to opinions, or start shopping.

·
HERE WE GO STEELERS
18,683 Posts
If you're not using it for professional photos, a 2.x megapixel camera will do just fine. Don't let anybody else tell you otherwise.

·
Premium Member
29,396 Posts
I love my Canon A75. Its 3.2 MP and works just fine. Takes great photos. It also has 12 shooting modes including video with sound. It has a TON of features. You cant go wrong with Canon.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm getting married in July, and the camera would be for all the events leading up to it. Showers, parties, exc. I'm no photographer, and I take pleanty of bad pictures. I just figured a digital camera would give me the ability to delete all the bad pictures instead of wasting lots of film.

Thanks for the advice! :)

·
11-05-09
21,427 Posts
I have the Fuji E500. It's 4.1Mp and I use the shit out of it. I added a 512mb card, and I can take 269 shots at the highest resolution, and 39xx at the lowest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts