DFW Mustang Forums banner

Did the Nova get his 6 second pass today??

490 views 28 replies 5 participants last post by  OrangeS10 
#1 ·
hadnt heard on here if he did...:)

#2 ·
Yes sir it did.... 6.89 at 101 mph. I took off the water pump, alternator and Fan and it picked way up. Dropped the exhaust and the converter too! Unbolted the tranny and emptied all the water and oil out. While I was at it I went ahead and took the motor out and just had My buddy Mike McGra Pull me behind his 5 second N/A big block Camaro......

Sorry, I took the motor out Mike! I was ready to go Faster, you can never go to fast in a race car right? I am putting a little mild stock headed 350 back in the car. 10:1 flat top's with some Vortec Heads. It might have some 8.0's in it still!

Oh and about that race you wanted 408 vs 408...... Give me a couple of more weeks! :p

#12 ·
OrangeS10 said:
WHy do you say that?:confused: I say it run's down in the low 6's... Around the 6.20 range. I have went 6.50's with the 350 that was in it.

well since we are going on what we think it may run...i ran a 6.7 on a slipping c4, with no brake, running pig rich,i am sure a good tune, and a tranny that wont slip will give you a run for your money...

#13 ·
I dont have a brake, The 6.50's I ran were on a foot brake too. I liked the brake but it wasnt that impressive for me. I hope your car runs as good as you think it will! How light is your car?

#14 ·
OrangeS10 said:
I dont have a brake, The 6.50's I ran were on a foot brake too. I liked the brake but it wasnt that impressive for me. I hope your car runs as good as you think it will! How light is your car?
i know it will run what i think it will, cause when you drive your car and race your car you know and can tell when you are leaving alot on the table...and the 6.7 wasnt near what the car has to offer...when it is done, you may beat me and you may not, but you wont smoke me thats for dam sure...

my car weights 2700lbs...

#15 ·
That's light! The S10 weighs in at 2625 with out a driver! I just hope mine run's as good as I think it will. I have no problem's with traction at the present time. I am instaling a new Glass Front end too. The S10 should go some 30's or 40's with the 408 as it was. But I changed a feaw thing's. Converter, Cam, Piston's, Crank, Rods ect.

With the clip I have it should drop the weight in th3 2590 range! If I can get the POWER to he ground we will be home free.

The I will smoke you was just a phrase. Nothing personal:cool:

#22 ·
michael kilgore said:
just a little while longer and well have a coupe out there and will race the s-10 or the nova..(get all the CR you can this motor will be a 14:1 motor
This is good, we may have a good race then. Which coupe are you talking about? Are ya'll gonna spray it?

#24 ·
That's cool, How big a shot are ya'll gonna put on it? That's alot of compression for the NOS. I know ya'll are gonna start at least a 300 shot!

The Nova is gonna be slow, I dont wanna race you in it!:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.