DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
wishin i had a fast car
4,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at Denton last night? I was told a guy with a 5 sec. car wrecked and was curious how bad and if anyone was hurt?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yeah--that was me. I got loose at the top end of the track and smacked the wall pretty hard. The driver's side of the car took the hit. The fender, door, rear quarter, front and rear wheel and tire and my suspension got smashed good. I didn't get hurt too bad. I'm having a little trouble moving around--nothing like hitting the wall at 110 mph. We're working hard to get the car back together for the shoot out next weekend. Don't know if I'll have it back or not. My biggest problem will probably be my wife now. One of my buddies called her and told her I hit the wall and the ambulance was there. She didn't take that too well.

·
PVC Racing
9,779 Posts
damn that sucks to hear.

Well at least you didn't get hurt that bad. Good luck on getting it back together.

·
FIRE!
2,028 Posts
seems like you arent the only one that has prob on getting loose on the top end. about a month ago there was a guy with a pro mod vette hit the wall out there.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Thanks guys. I saw that Pro Mod vette hit the wall. I was getting ready to make a big nitrous pass right before the vette nearly rolled. I immediately decided the track wasn't good that night.

I don't think my wife is going to understand--at least not yet. She's mad at me for working on the car already. She thinks I'm a little too banged up to be out in the shop already.

We did make a little progress already though. The front end is off the car and we've started getting ready for body work. I already have a new fender and several people who have promised to give up sleep and food this week in order to have the car ready for next weekend. There's even a small chance the body work and paint will be finished as well.

·
FIRE!
2,028 Posts
Well, I hope things turn out on the up and up for ya.
Good luck with your car.:cool:

·
Narcissistic fade away
17,504 Posts
Which car is yours? That sucks to get into the guardrail - I have done the same. Was there something on the track?
My wife tripped out too when she found out.... but now.. she wants to fix the car too..

·
Poor Boy Racing
2,770 Posts
Damn man, I'm sorry to hear you wrecked. Glad your ok and good luck on getting it back together.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I don't think there was anything on the track. We think something on the suspension broke (rod end?) but the suspension is so screwed up right now there's no way to tell.

The car was a black coupe with orange, blue, and purple stripes on it--aluminum wing, parachute, wheelie bars, etc.

I think we'll be back together soon. It appears as the word gets out that I have more friends than I thought. People are helping out with parts and time from every direction. I think the only thing that might keep us from getting everything finished is me. I'm starting to hurt more and in more places every few hours.

Thank God for safety equipment! Everything worked like it was supposed to.

Gotta go---I have alot of work to do.

·
Dirty Mexican
1,110 Posts
Can you post pics of your car please.

·
Secular Dogooderist
3,031 Posts
HOLY SHAT!! Hope everything goes alright, man. That fuckin' blows!

·
Resident Pinstriper
5,190 Posts
Hope ya heal up quick Doug.

I guess I'll be the first to ask.....what did it run on that pass ?

-Aaron

·
Chassis Service
3,328 Posts
Just let your wife know, thats the reason you spent so much money on the saftey equipment and a $500,000 life insurance policy doesn't hurt either. :D

My wife is scarred of me driving my car, for fear of something is going to happen, so I made sure she would be taken care of.

good luck getting it back together

·
wishin i had a fast car
4,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
junkstang88 said:
Hope ya heal up quick Doug.

I guess I'll be the first to ask.....what did it run on that pass ?

-Aaron
I believe it was a motor only pass on that one.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'm not sure what the time was on the run. I was a little out of it to ask and I think my friends were too. It was a pretty decent run for a motor pass---it was a low 6 based on the rpm before I decided to make a quick left into the wall.

On a good note---after no sleep and alot of pain and suffering--the rear suspension is back together and the body is "fixed" enough to run. I should be out this Saturday on butt ugly, mismatched rims and tires and no nitrous whatsoever.

I won't be fast--but I'll be there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts