DFW Mustang Forums banner
81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
Big Rooster Racing
1,784 Posts
I don't give a fuck what you 'have in your pocket', you stupid asshole.

I defend ANYONE that is, IMO, being slighted or judged unfairly. Hence the reason I moderate this board.

In the past couple days, you've turned into a sniveling, ass-kissing cock sucker. So GO FUCK YOURSELF. No one is here anymore except you and that troll 95snake. I got tired of cleaning up after his shitty messes all the time, too.

Keep blowing that Canadian corporation that owns this shell. You fucking idiot.

gawd damn im gonna miss this fucking place.......see you original fucks on the DARKSIDE.......and fuck off to 95snake....cause i can

·
Pushed to the limit
4,510 Posts
I agree Chris did a hell of a lot, and poured his own money into the maintenance etc, for quite some time, but he made hand over fist what it cost to do so. Advertising is $100 per month or 1k to pay in full for the year. HOW many advertisers are there? Jose brought the buyers/advertisers/members. There wouldn't have been the success the board achieved without him putting asses in the seats that allowed it to happen. The site wouldn't have sold for half of whatever it did if Jose hadn't done his part over the years. He may not have put money into it, because he wasn't asked to... but he's helped raise money for it and brought the people that hand over their cash to Chris faithfully. You can't put a price on what he did, but I god damn guarantee you it's not $0
All of your points are valid. Now take what Chris might have made and divide it by the number of hours that he put into the site. Not just the hardware, the hosting, the programming and the billing. Add in the amount of time he had to worry that some fucknut he didn't even know was going to sue him for some bullshit that some other fucknut that he didn't even know did on the site. Even if he brought in $40K a year, he would probably tell you that the hassle wasn't worth it. For a single person with nothing else going on, sure.

Managing a web board takes a lot of time. I have my own that I will probably never go public with because I can't spare the time to deal with all of the issues that are sure to come up. I will bet you dollars to donuts that Chris never imagined that DFWS would evolve into the monster that we have before us today.

There will be some people who will find out real soon just how hard it is to manage one of these. Just take a look at one of the spinoffs. You already have people wanting to rip each other to pieces. If something were to go really wrong with that, would you want to be the owner of the site on which it started ?

I do understand that Jose was the PR. And I do see how he might feel slighted but no one but he and Chris will ever really know what type of formal arrangement (if any) existed. If the sale of the site cost him money, then there should be some paperwork that will help him recover it.

·
User may be editing post.
12,013 Posts
DFWstangs ran it's course. It's just a domain, the forum is a group of people that will move on. We built it, and apparently we destroyed it. And given the group of people that DFWstangs is - the most powerful gang in the world, it was a fitting end.

·
600 plus a few
7,278 Posts
In the wake of the events since last Friday, I feel it's necessary to explain the sale of DFWstangs, some of its history and its future.
Silly fuck, DFWS has no future

In closing, change is inevitable. The more you resist change, the more change there will be.
Thanks for the heads up, Obama

·
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE
4,427 Posts
thank you Chris

In the wake of the events since last Friday, Thank you all
Chris
For all you've done for the many years I've been here, THANK YOU. I said it many times when street racing posts were made that this site was a liability and when it became too much of a burden, it would be shut down, I never thought it would be valuable enough to be sold. Congrads on that. I would have thrown some money your way for support had I known you needed it.
I'm sad to see you throw Jose under the bus. he IS my favorite mod and a joy to see anytime.

Good luck in your future ventures.
Charlie Daubitz

·
Canada is welcome here.
4,039 Posts
All bullshit to the wayside, You should have Kept The Site in the Family! You sold this whole community out for a dollar! I am sure if you had taken the time to let others know what the situation was, Someone, here, Local, and in our coummunity would have stepped up to the plate and bought the site from you.

No such chance was given to anyone.

SOMEONE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF YOUR PERSONAL ISSUES WITH THE SITE A LONG TIME AGO!

YOU SOLD US DOWN THE RIVER AND YESTERDAY DON'T MEAN SHIT!

YOU WERE NEVER AROUND! JOSE HAS ALWAYS BEEN AROUND.

JOSE SHOULD HAVE HAD THE FIRST OPTION TO BUY THIS SITE YOU SELFISH FUCKING PRICK!!!!!!!

YOU NO LONGER OWN THIS SITE, AND I COULD CARELESS WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT ANY OF IT.

NOT EVEN GOING TO READ YOUR SORRY LIST OF EXCUSES, FOR EVEN BEING HEAR TRYING TO EXPLAIN YOURSELF, TO THE SITE, AFTER THE FACT.

YOU SELFISH FUCKING PRICK.

FUCK YOU.
You stupid little *****. It doesn't matter if the guy owned a fucking bubble gum wrapper. He can sell it to whoever he chooses and you don't have a damn thing to say about it, that doesn't make you look like a fool. Your disgusting sense of entitlement is all that is wrong with this country today, moron.

·
RUN BABY RUN!!!
1,111 Posts
You stupid little *****. It doesn't matter if the guy owned a fucking bubble gum wrapper. He can sell it to whoever he chooses and you don't have a damn thing to say about it, that doesn't make you look like a fool. Your disgusting sense of entitlement is all that is wrong with this country today, moron.
You get butthurt often?

This site sucks now!! Only a matter of time and it's done.

·
Registered
184 Posts
doesn't look that way to me. i still see plenty of people browsing the back porch at certain times. im not leaving. doesn't look like justin95 is leaving. you'll get new people joining up from time to time that don't know anything about all those dumbasses leaving the site. sounds like you're full of shit dude.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Not so surprisingly, I didn't have to do anything and everybody abandoned ship after setting it on fire.
Man I browse the site alot and remember the don't tell threads and this was the place to be...

Now it makes sense I have been on here a couple of time and wondered what happened to all of the thread this place is now dead. Sad day for me but in order to make it better where is the new ship sailing at..?

·
Professional Driver
6,664 Posts
Man I browse the site alot and remember the don't tell threads and this was the place to be...

Now it makes sense I have been on here a couple of time and wondered what happened to all of the thread this place is now dead. Sad day for me but in order to make it better where is the new ship sailing at..?
dfw mustangs (dot) net

·
aka The Cougar
16,782 Posts
doesn't look that way to me. i still see plenty of people browsing the back porch at certain times. im not leaving. doesn't look like justin95 is leaving. you'll get new people joining up from time to time that don't know anything about all those dumbasses leaving the site. sounds like you're full of shit dude.
Yeah, keep telling yourself that. ;)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yeah, keep telling yourself that. ;)
as you continue to post haha. thanks for proving my point. tell me, if this place is so dead, and all your nerdy little social reject boys have gone to some other site, why do you hang around? go join em! judging by a lot of the posts i have seen lately, you're really not wanted here anymore. (though i doubt you were wanted before that lol)

·
not exclude
9,838 Posts
as you continue to post haha. thanks for proving my point. tell me, if this place is so dead, and all your nerdy little social reject boys have gone to some other site, why do you hang around? go join em! judging by a lot of the posts i have seen lately, you're really not wanted here anymore. (though i doubt you were wanted before that lol)
I don't understand how you interpret anyone as a social reject when they have moved to the site where the majority of the "society" is and that has much more traffic.

As of right now, it's 180 users to 80. Big difference being in terms of registered users dfwm is 117/180 and dfws is 5/80.

You really thought that argument out, didn't you?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I still enjoy this site. I'm sorry to see that so many (all good people) have decided to move on. This site hasn't ended, it has just changed. With so much legislation on the table that could ultimately stifle our love for fast cars, we should stay together and help this site thrive. We are all here for the love of cars and driving at ridiculously fast speeds. Godspeed. J. Mason

·
Colorado Dreamin'
13,881 Posts
Yeah, she's just a social reject without any friends.

LMAO.

·
I love Meat.
11,008 Posts

·
Scared s**tless
15,056 Posts
Oh I think I forgot this...

Fuck you, Chris, you self-centered ******!

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Wharz the posts u speak of bitch?!? And I assume you have seen all these posts you speak of in the 3 months of your membership here? lolz.... Your a newb, and there isn't shit here anymore except just that.... SHIT. So stick around and stay where you belong.

The rest of you, the old environment we used to love is still alive @ dfw mustangs (dot) net

81 - 100 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.