DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
IA2
22,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to just relax and watch - it was friggin cold. There were only a handful of race cars, about 4 mustangs, a couple of LS1s, and a lot of slow FWD stuff. One talon that was making decent runs, and a viper that managed a 7.75 after spinning all through first gear.

The faster cars were having trouble staying off the walls. I only saw a couple of cars that seemed able to hook at all. It was mostly shift lights on/off/on/off all down the track, using all of the lane to get there.

Maybe the track will be better tomorrow for those heading out there.

·
Custom Title
16,584 Posts
I hope so, I'm going out there. Wish it was open when the sun was still out, I think it would still be cold enough for everyone to benefit fromt he cold air, but the sun will help with traction and people wanting to watch!

·
IA2
22,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They worked their asses off spraying VHT and keeping spills cleaned up but it just wasn't working. I think it was about 38 degrees when I left; surely that had to be part of the problem.

That, and the dummies with street tires running through the water and bringing it to the starting line (watched that happen all night too).

·
Custom Title
16,584 Posts
mikeb said:
They worked their asses off spraying VHT and keeping spills cleaned up but it just wasn't working. I think it was about 38 degrees when I left; surely that had to be part of the problem.

That, and the dummies with street tires running through the water and bringing it to the starting line (watched that happen all night too).
I hope the water box doesn't turn into an ice box!

·
American Idol
2,867 Posts
All more reasons for them to run during the day. I wish Denton would go ahead and run during the day on Saturdays & Sundays whens it's this cold out. It's just too damn cold and I can't go anyways.:mad:

·
My other car's a mini-van
4,066 Posts
Moose Jr said:
All more reasons for them to run during the day. I wish Denton would go ahead and run during the day on Saturdays & Sundays whens it's this cold out. It's just too damn cold and I can't go anyways.:mad:
I know! I think they're going to switch to 3-10.. At least they're OPEN though. Just about every other track in the country isn't right now...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.