1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,697 Posts
hell yes.

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
I know this doesnt help you much in Denton, but I am in the process of opening my own dealership here in Oklahoma City.

"Tatro Hi-Performance"

And yes....I will specialize in Late Model performance cars. (Mainly Mustangs)

·
Registered
519 Posts
If there is enough intrest from Gainsville, McKinny and other northern places, Denton is a good choice. For places south of Denton, most people are gonna instinctivly drive to Dallas.

As for me personaly, it would be nice to have a place to get parts or work done in Denton. What part of town are you thinking about?

Isn't the only reputable (local) used late model Mustang dealer in Houston?

·
Now an HHR owner
1,543 Posts
Yes it will be a good investment, if you carry the right inventory.
My dad is moving here within the year and we are in the planning stages to open an aftermarket and performance shop in the Lewisville, Grapevine, Flower Mound area. We will have aftermarket and perfomance parts for all small and large block domestics and a liitle bit for the Imports (gotta cash in on the FAD). Only shop services will be window tinting, custom paint detailing, and a possible Dyno.

·
Premium Member
5,697 Posts
there are enough shops around lewisville already, theres 1 COUNT EM 1 that i know of near denton and its in krum.

·
Registered
57 Posts
lonSVO said:

Isn't the only reputable (local) used late model Mustang dealer in Houston?
I wouldn't say reputable, lol. That place is full of wrecked/junkers that have been thrown back together with bondo. Way overpriced. They had a GT that I would have given MAYBE $1k for, and they wanted $4500.

The place is a ripoff. I'd buy from autotrader way before I bought from a "mustang dealer" b/c you'll get a much better deal.

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
is there any interest in a small dealership in denton that buys and sells only mustangs ... and possibly dabbles in parts and service?
This being the question.

there are enough shops around lewisville already, theres 1 COUNT EM 1 that i know of near denton and its in krum.
Who buys and sells only mustangs in Lewisville?? You have to remember the area. There is more money around Lewisville, Grapevine, Flower Mound, Frisco and the Colony then the Denton area. Since he wants to sell cars and not just parts.:D

·
The Medium Kabuki
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i don't know a whole bunch of people on this board ... but i am a honest guy that might have enough cash to travel around a little pick some cars on good deals and resell them at a fair price ... i would have to start off with great deals and great service just to get my name out there .... and that is my question ... is there enough interest in the denton area to have 10-12 mustangs sitting around for that potential buyer ... ???

·
Registered
519 Posts
kaaronc said:
.... and that is my question ... is there enough interest in the denton area to have 10-12 mustangs sitting around for that potential buyer ... ???
Do some research. Check out some of the local performence shops and see what kind of late model mustang/ford buisness they have from the Denton/Lewisville/northern suburb area. Be sure to ask like you have idle curiosity, no use letting them know you want to be the compitition. So far I think there are 3 performance shops in that area-Wayne's shop, a hotrod place on 35 by Panchos in Lewisville, and a place on 121 in Lewisville toword the Colony.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.