DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else doing it, I've been crossfitting for about two weeks and I already notice things Like running getting much easier.

·
Registered
335 Posts
ya ive rocked crossfit and its certainly solid. i found it hard to get up there though. work schedule and all.

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
i went to the frisco location last week for the first time. i've got a few friends that have been doign it for like 4 months now.

i have a hard time swallowing the cost of it. $150 for unlimited or $100 for 2 days a week...

all it is to me is high school calisthenics. same shit i did when i was 18. wind sprints, jumping boxes, etc. the group support system is nice...

i'm going to a part time income in august and dont think i can afford it though :(

·
The Alpha Omega Frog
8,333 Posts
Crossfit is good stuff. I teach it.

Level I and Crossfit Football out in Keller.

Sure it is expensive but when you look at what you are getting it makes more sense. personalized training with proven results. Great to supplement sport specific conditioning or overall fitness.

Frog™

Karen

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'm totally drinking the Kool-Aide! I love it! I've been at it for almost two years (with a couple of 3 month breaks due to some herniated disks that flare up from time to time) I'm finally getting to where I want to be. I'm at the Rx-ed weight on most workouts now. For me, that's a huge accomplishment, since I started out as an overweight, out-of-shape 37 yr old desk jockey.

My coach approached me the other day and asked if I wanted to become a trainer, so, we're working out the logistics on that and trying to schedule the Level I cert. now.

·
Premium Member
2,198 Posts
i would like to take some crossfit classes. i have incorporated some things i have seen online and read about crossfit into my conditioning workouts and have seen great improvements with my conditioning. i think it's great.

·
Registered
455 Posts
been doing it since April 1st. love it! lost 35lbs since then and really starting to lean out alot. 1st month was the hardest cause of flexiblity and endurance. was just showing up to Bally's lifting weight's and logging for the past 6 years before. know I could never go back into a normal gym "sitting" in a chair and lift weights working one body part at a time. Crossfit is way more athletic and will really test your strength and endurance.

·
I'm over it!
6,367 Posts
I found a crossfit gym in Denton. Thats all they do is classes. It's called Crossfit NTX. I wish i had time to go...

·
Registered
723 Posts
Crossfit is good stuff. I work allot of their routines into my workouts. Youtube is a good source for crossfit routines. My personal favorite is squats/military with dumbells.

·
I'm over it!
6,367 Posts
Take the kid with you. My son used to sit in his stroller and watch me train. If he got fussy, I would get one of the new guys to stoll him around until he got quiet.
LOL i would to a gym i actually knew people at. She is only 11 months, do feel comforatble letting her just sit there around people i dont know.

·
Pushed to the limit
4,510 Posts
LOL i would to a gym i actually knew people at. She is only 11 months, do feel comforatble letting her just sit there around people i dont know.
I guess you would probably want to feel the place out first. I had already been training at the same place for two years when he was born so it was pretty much home away from home.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts