DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Other half of bitter
7,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i am bored- it is almost 3pm, i am off tomorrow and just counting down the hours til i leave......hence the posts... :)

so how many of you have embarrassing/strange family members and/or stories?

My grandmother passed away when i was about 3, my granpda remarried- story goes that my step-grandmother supposedly murdered her second husband (my grandpa was #3)......he turned up dead in his boat on the lake, shot with a shot gun.....all leads led to her and rumor is she did, never was proved and nothing became of it. No one really knows what happened.

The same grandpa and step grandmother- well they met and fell in love, because their kids were married to each other. My grandpa was widowed and so was she. Her daughter was married to my grandpa's son. So they were in-laws and both widowed. They became friends and eventually married.....so my cousins only have one set of grandparents, cuz they are married to each other.....pretty weird, huh?

·
Token Union Member
2,912 Posts
Dam can you say Jerry Springer. lol j/k

·
98 SVT Cobra
5,109 Posts
Right off the top of my head the only thing I can think of is that my moms parents grew up in Arkansas :rolleyes: well they were step-brother and sister. They got married and here I am. I just thought was alittle strange. My grandfather loved her so much but she treated him like scum. One day back in '76, he went off the deep end and took a circular saw to his thoat. :eek: But to everyones surprize, he didn't die. After a few days in the hospital, he jumped out the third story window. :(

·
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
21,924 Posts
Not my family, but someone close enough to me that my family considers him family...

His mother died last year. He flies to Houston to be with his sisters (dad died about 5 years ago). They are planning the funeral arrangments, his sisters, his wife, his grandmother and him.

They are in the funeral director's office when an argument breaks out between himself and his sisters about the arrangements. So, they go out into the hall, leaving his wife and grandmother in the funeral director's office. The funeral director goes out in the hall to see if he can help settle it.

As soon as he leaves, his grandmother starts lifting shit off the funeral director's desk! Pen, water glass, ashtray, etc. and placing it into her purse. My friend's wife was like WTF????? She didn't know what to do, so she didn't say anything to my friend until after they got home (granny was with them the whole time).

We were up drinking late that night and just rolling about it when his wife told the story. Was a good "relief" from all the other stress going on.

·
Registered
801 Posts
michelle95gt said:
h

The same grandpa and step grandmother- well they met and fell in love, because their kids were married to each other. My grandpa was widowed and so was she. Her daughter was married to my grandpa's son. So they were in-laws and both widowed. They became friends and eventually married.....so my cousins only have one set of grandparents, cuz they are married to each other.....pretty weird, huh?

DAAAMMMNNNN!!!!

Family tree looking like a telephone pole.:)

JK:D

·
World Record Holder!
12,383 Posts
Last Christmas when I went back home to Tennessee, my uncle (on my mom's side), told me that I had two black half uncles and on black half aunt somewhere in middle Tennessee. Seems my mom's dad was a player in his day. :eek: Can't wait for this year's story....

·
98 SVT Cobra
5,109 Posts
46Tbird said:
I have an aunt who became a grandmother at 32. :rolleyes:
WOW! My kids, who are 15 and 13 have an aunt who is 7. :confused:

·
Boost is Life
4,327 Posts
Not as crazy as some of the rest of y'all ... but one of the first stalking laws in Texas was brought about because of my dads cousin stalking a prominent mans wife. :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts