DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has an 04 GT with very similar symptoms to a 6.0L powerstroke needing head gaskets, just curious on some input before I go any further. It's ok to drive for about 30 miles, then it starts spitting coolant out of the degas bottle, but runs at the same temp it always has until it loses enough coolant. Combustion gas test showed nothing, but it also only ran for about 15 seconds befored it started puking from the degas like a geyser with the tester on top of the degas bottle. Never ran into this problem before and I just wanna hear some thoughts before I tear into it. It's a good friend of mine, so I don't wanna have her spend the money if she doesn't have to, but everything points to head gaskets. I work on Fords day in and day out, but have never seen anything like this on a gasoline engine. The engine has less miles on it than my 04 GT, but I guess crazy stuff does happen occassionally.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, checked that, but regardless of how many times it'sbeen driven and allowed to cool down and had the coolant level refilled to the proper level, it's still spitting it out pretty bad :(

It's just weird that I've never ran across a 4.6L 2V that's done this, I've seen massive gasoline engine failure because of electrolysis eating head gaskets up, but that's usually upwards of 150k mi.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts