DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What could this be? The only thing that ican think of that has collent that far back on the motor is the heater hose.

·
Premium Member
18,368 Posts
Just because the carpet is dry doesn't mean the heater core isn't leaking. Just ask...me! I had coolant dripping from the same area you are. There is a drain hole in the heater box that will let coolant outside the car instead of inside the car. I thought it was a damn freeze plug at first-nope-heater core.

·
heavy weight
267 Posts
by pass heater core and see if that works if not freeze plug most likely.
ken

·
IA2
22,413 Posts
The last time my GT was dripping coolant from the bellhousing it was a cracked block :(

I'd guess you have a leaking heater hose, bad heater core, coolant leaking from the back of the intake, or a freeze plug that has gone bad. There are no freeze plugs on the back side of the block in the bellhousing.

·
Premium Member
6,070 Posts
My car did the same thing. I did a pressure test and came up with nothing. I just left it alone and let the overflow tank run out. After it was empty the leak stopped. I don't know if it was overflowing and tracing the frame rail back or what, but it is not leaking any more. :confused:

G

·
garrison89' said:
What could this be? The only thing that ican think of that has collent that far back on the motor is the heater hose.

Might be one of two things. Freeze plug or the back of the intake gasket where the water jacket is.

·
Beer Swillin' *******
1,371 Posts
When my GT did this it was due to crummy Fel-Pro 1250 intake gaskets that lasted a whopping 9 months.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts