DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my car started leaking coolant a few nights back and i automatically assumed that it was my water pump so saturday afternoon cruz and i set out to replace it, well after we finished, it was still leaking but didnt realize after i went and bought new hoses that they werent tight enough :mad: but i got new hoses put them on VERY tight then let it warm up and it kept doing it but this time it was leaking from the thermostat at the bottom compared to before from the long hose going from a line to the water pump, well a buddy and i replaced the thermostat and gasket and tightened everything up and found out it was that all along and now i dont have a single coolant leak :D!! Mustangs can be mean sometimes!!

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All that and i missed wharterburger while u and all the other stangs were up there and around racing and i didnt get to race a single stang :mad: but dont worry ill be there next week and i vouch to not drive my stang a single day this week so it wont be broke come saturday :D, i guess ill be driving my toyota tuner to work!! :(

·
Fear the lawn gnome
4,447 Posts
i found out last night that one of my heater core hoses was about to bust in half :eek: im glad i caught it or that would have sucked cause im driving three hours tommrow night.

·
Premium Member
4,175 Posts
Evil 93Coupe said:
Mustangs can be mean sometimes!!
I know how you feel, something so small yet you replace everything that could possibly be wrong and it always seems to be the last thing you do that fixes it. Good way to eventually buy all new stuff though (good thing or a bad thing?):D

·
Pimp Juice ca. 1997
7,114 Posts
Evil 93Coupe said:
saturday afternoon cruz and i set out to replace it
well that's your problem right there.......

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Re: Coolant Systems are a PITA!!

Roscoe said:
well that's your problem right there.......
:D No, Cruz actually knows what the hell he is doing, and stangcrazy i couldnt have said it better, all i needed was a new thermostat gasket and i got a new waterpump all coolant hoses and a new thermostat :D!!!............:mad: But im happy with my car so its cool!!

·
Gunga galunga
7,450 Posts
That happened to me on my F-150. The starter went out in a parking lot. So I made a trip to O'Rielys and got a new starter and put it in. Still wouldn't start so i replaced the upper starter relay and it still wouldn't start. Then I replaced the battery and it still wouldn't start. Spent three hours trying to shim the starter untill it finally turned over, turns out that O'Riely sold me a bad starter :mad:

·
The Janitor
15,927 Posts
sleeperLS said:
i found out last night that one of my heater core hoses was about to bust in half :eek: im glad i caught it or that would have sucked cause im driving three hours tommrow night.
Bryan helped spot a heater core house that was rubbing against a stud and just started leaking. Sweet jesus that would have sucked.

Back in lubbock i had a BAD electrical drain, so i replaced the alternator, battery, and was frantically searching fuses, when i discovered the wiring from the alternator to the master fuse box was missing. Can you believe that shit? And 4.6L Cobra alternators are NOT cheap!:mad: :mad: :mad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.