DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not the best in the world but im getting there. Give me some more time to play w/it. :beer:

·
Moved to dfw mustangs.net
20,572 Posts
bottom 2 are good, 3rd would be nice w/o the people in the backround, and the top 2 are just too damn dark.

nice car though. :)

·
Registered
495 Posts
lowthreeohz said:
bottom 2 are good, 3rd would be nice w/o the people in the backround, and the top 2 are just too damn dark.

nice car though. :)
i think on the first 2 he was trying to get the car and the cool lights in the background

·
Registered
495 Posts
i like the pics they are very :cool:
keep trying :D

·
Turn Your Swag On!
1,707 Posts
I like those shots on the empty freeways at night, or in the parking garages. It's dark enough, plus the surrounding lights help accent a freshly washed and shiny car.

·
You lookin' at mah EYE?!
8,316 Posts
Flash is the worst thing you could ever do with a night shot. If your camera can do it, turn off the flash, get a tripod, and increase the length of time the shutter stays open. Cable release wouldn't hurt either, if you're camera will accept one... anything you can do to avoid touching the camera when you initially take the shot, and while the shutter is open.

The longer the shutter is open, however, the more grainy the picture will look. 1 - 5 seconds exposure should be more than enough for night shots with decent ambient lighting (such as the shots you've got), and shouldn't produce noticible graininess. Sometimes if it's just too dark even for the ambient light and you have to keep the shutter open 10+ seconds, it just looks horrible. I'm not sure why digital camera's do that. My 35mm SLR can have the shutter open as long as I want, without the film being exposed getting grainy (unless it's 400+ speed film). I have a few shots I took during a lightning storm, had the shutter open about 1 - 5 minutes at a time. Never did get a good shot though, didn't have a decent clearing to see the lightning over the trees.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts