DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is this converted to 1/4 mile. i would go and run in ennis but its closed so this is what i have to go by.
reaction: .5532
60 ft: 2.1765
330 ft: 6.0306
1/8 et: 9.1643 @ 77.96
on street tires.....i need slicks bad!

i just put 410 gears in and a new clutch other than that mostly stock other that exaust shoth throw shifter.

Thanks Dave

·
almost ready to race
2,860 Posts
I would say that would probably be in the very low 14's, possibly high 13's around 97-99mph.

If that was on street tires, a pair of drag radials could bring that 60' down to 2.0 or 1.9x which would break you into the 8.9xxxx's.

I have found weight reduction extremely valuable. I take out my back seat, passenger seat, spare, etc. every time I go to the track now. Once you've done it a couple of times it's just a few bolts. You could also take off your front sway bar. Those items together weigh damn near 100 pounds.

Take a look at this thread to see how much various removable items weigh!
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=166177&highlight=official+weight

·
Got Lateral G's??
9,573 Posts
If you want a comparison, I started in August with a full weight 2000 GT on street tires and managed basically the same times as yourself. 14.1 at 98. This was stock gears, August heat and full o/r exhaust.

Since then, the weather has gotten cold, I use ET streets exclusively, pull the passenger seat, spare tire, jack and now the back seats. My current times are in my sig.

My mod's are prochamber, 3.73's, u/d pulleys and a chip to correct the speedo.

No longtubes, no P&P heads or cams...........yet!!!!

By the way, your times will not change with the 4.10's unless you can get traction. Buy slicks or you will be disappointed with the gears. On street tires and gears, there is no traction unless you are running drag radials.

good Luck.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well my times did change alot when i put 410's in along with a new clutch they were at 9.6xxx so i think a half second is pretty good. no. also does lowering tire pressure to about 10 psi help i was told to try this on street tires? i am runnin 265/50/r15 on weld drag lights.

·
The Janitor
15,927 Posts
98cobra281 said:
How much of a diffence does it make when you remove the front sway bar?
if you want, you can just loosen it from the mounts, but then it will be dead weight. Removing it all the way will help. Removing it/loosening it will allow your car to raise its nose a lot cleaner/faster, which allows for faster and better weight transfer to the rear tires.

<--- pretty sure, but could be wrong.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hell yeah it helps i just got back from denton took out my spare and every thing else in the trunk as well as the back seat. my times went from the above to these. on street tires.
reaction: .698
60ft:1.901
330ft: 5.798
1/8 et: 8.928 @ 77.665
I finally got my eights hell yeah.

·
almost ready to race
2,860 Posts
firemandgs said:
hell yeah it helps i just got back from denton took out my spare and every thing else in the trunk as well as the back seat. my times went from the above to these. on street tires.
reaction: .698
60ft:1.901
330ft: 5.798
1/8 et: 8.928 @ 77.665
I finally got my eights hell yeah.
Cool, that's a great 60' for street tires!

·
Beer Swillin' *******
1,369 Posts
1/4 mile time ~ 14.2
1/4 mile trap speed ~ 97.5 mph

Not bad for the mods on your GT

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.