DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Medium Kabuki
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am doing a mass air conversion and from the way i understand it the a9l computer is the one to have (i have an 88lx 5spd) ... my question is : i was told the a9l, a3m, a3m1, d3d1, x3z, and s0z are all the same computer... i got this information from shiftmaster inc. who specializes in eec tuners.

thanks

kendall

·
Registered
23 Posts
You pulled those catch codes off the website right ?

What that means is that the EEC-Tuner will work on those PCM's with the catch codes listed and that they fall under the same strategy and data is in the same location. BUT there are some differences in the calibration. Like the Cobra computers (X3Z for example) are setup for 24lb injectors and the Cobra MAF. That's important if you are not going to use a chip or tuning device with your MAF conversion.

I would look for an A9x or A3M1 if it were me.

·
The Mustang Shop
345 Posts
kaaronc said:
i am doing a mass air conversion and from the way i understand it the a9l computer is the one to have (i have an 88lx 5spd) ... my question is : i was told the a9l, a3m, a3m1, d3d1, x3z, and s0z are all the same computer... i got this information from shiftmaster inc. who specializes in eec tuners.

thanks

kendall
The X3Z is a 93 cobra computer ONLY
Its for 19 mass and 24 lb

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.