DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
25,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/science/12/25/face.jesus/index.html

(CNN) -- The Jesus plastered on the cover of this month's Popular Mechanics has a broad peasant's face, dark olive skin, short curly hair and a prominent nose. He would have been 5-foot-1-inch tall and weighed 110 pounds, if the magazine is to be believed.

This representation is quite different from the typical lithe, long-haired, light-skinned and delicate-featured depiction of the man Christians consider the son of God.

·
Behind Blue Eyes..
6,686 Posts
wtf?

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
25,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THE_RAM said:
Agreed. Does anyone know where the picture we normally associate with jesus came from?

·
Custom Title
16,584 Posts
How would anybody know what he looked like, or how tall he was. If I write some stuff in a journal, and have several friends that live many miles from me write the same things down and a thousand years from now someone finds them, does it mean it's true? Urban legends can cross continents, just like myths and fairytails.

·
Merry HoHo
31,627 Posts
yellowstang said:
How would anybody know what he looked like, or how tall he was. If I write some stuff in a journal, and have several friends that live many miles from me write the same things down and a thousand years from now someone finds them, does it mean it's true? Urban legends can cross continents, just like myths and fairytails.
loaded gun

·
98 SVT Cobra
5,088 Posts
yellowstang said:
You dont want to get me started.

·
Custom Title
16,584 Posts
MoonDog said:
You dont want to get me started.
Start, it's just a discussion. Nothing personel will/should be said, this is just about people's beliefs. disbeliefs and opinions.
How can anyone really tell the difference between relegion and mythology? IMO it's all about the same. Someone thought something, told a few people, it spread around, etc. (very simple explanation). But there are similarities between relegion and Greek/Roman mythology.

·
98 SVT Cobra
5,088 Posts
yellowstang said:
Start, it's just a discussion. Nothing personel will/should be said, this is just about people's beliefs. disbeliefs and opinions.
How can anyone really tell the difference between relegion and mythology? IMO it's all about the same. Someone thought something, told a few people, it spread around, etc. (very simple explanation). But there are similarities between relegion and Greek/Roman mythology.
Alright look, I have learned that this is not the place for religious debates because people just get pissed off (like myself). So I will simply say this. It all comes down to faith. You have to have faith that what is written in the Bible is true. Without faith you cannot please God. Without faith, you cant believe anything. It takes a certain amount of faith to believe everything that is written in text books because none of us were there. If you believe in the "big bang", then that takes faith since no one living was there at the time, it is just a theory. Its the same with evolution, it takes faith to believe it. I understand that not everyone is going to believe what is written in the bible, infact, the bible even states that not everyone will believe, but I believe it is true just as much as I or you believe that George Washington was president.

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
25,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
GE said:
Religious/political/racial discussions never get anywhere around here.
You forgot abecx vs. windows posts.

·
98 SVT Cobra
5,088 Posts
Lethal said:
The looks may be right, but he was "of average height". Don't know any place where the average height was 5' 1".
That seems alittle short to me also. I had read somewhere (cant remember right now) that he was thought to have been close to 6 foot.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.