DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ultimate X-phoria
19,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These people are something else. I opened an account with them and then applied for a car loan to refiance my car. I have good credit, but I didn't get a great rate when I originally bought my car. Well, they call me, say i'm approved for 5% yesterday and tell me to fax over some documents and i'll be all set. They even went so far as to tell me how much my payments would drop, etc. because I knew what I owed and gave them the amount I needed before they even called to get the payoff. Well they call back this evening to tell me they can't give me a loan for that amount because my car is not worth what I owe (I owe 4k more than it's worth).......who the fuck refiances a car when they owe less than what the car is vauled at? If I only owed 10K on a year old 2001 Gt I wouldn't be getting it refinanced because i'd have either a world class finance rate or been making double payments. the car is a year and 6 months old. My wife's car was refianced and she owed more than it was valued at so i'm thinking this credit union is just fucked. /rant off

anyways, any recommendations on a good source to get my car refinanced through?

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Go get you an account right now at Credit Unioun of Texas, there is a branch right there on Macarthur and 3040. They are the best credit unioun I have ever dealt with, always give me a loan and excellent service and interest rates. Go find you a nice Z or TA and get it financed through them.

·
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
10,859 Posts
They will refi a car that has negative equity but only if you have outstanding credit and funds in Savings. My wifes Beetle was about 2 grand upside down and they refinanced it with no problem. My 4 grand upside down truck would be another matter.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
bartman said:
CCU can kiss my butt as far as their loan department goes.
Get your fanny into Credit Union of Texas on S. colony Blvd and open you up an account, you will never be sorry again!!

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
mustang_marc said:
So anyone can open an account at a credit union these days? I was with one a long time ago, but I only qualified because of being in the military.
Pretty much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts