DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is $31,500 good for a new 03 Cobra???

Also, what is the difference between the 03 and 04 cobra??
the 03 lists it's highway MPG as 22 and the 04 lists it's highway MPg as 24. This is a issue because the 03 has a $1000 gas guzzeler tax and the 04 doesnt...

thanks...

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
don't worry about the gas mileage - really same car - they just found a way to up the test results in 04 - so now the $1K tax doesn't go to the Gov but they took a $1k price increase - same car in 03 vs 04 will cost the same bottom line - as far as list goes - 31 is OK - but there are a few dealers here in dallas that advertised this weekend 8k off MSRP - not sure if that is after their dealer add ons or not - I think Bankston and Westway ran that ad.
I have a 03 - for less than a grand in Mods I am at 421/451 rear wheels - great cars to drive and cheap to mod.

The 03's you do want to find out when the car was made - look on drivers side inside door sticker - if made after 11/102 then you supposedly have the redesigned head to prevent the tick.

Alot more info on SVTperformance.com

·
Highly Compressed
2,409 Posts
I too have an '03 Cobra. There really is no difference mechanically between the '03 and '04. I think 31.5K is an excellent price. I paid much more than that. Mixedup is right about the head tick being a problem...but I have a first production run car (#85 produced) and have had no head tick whatsoever.

In '04 the only differences really are the interior and paint. They are offering "Screaming Yellow", "Competition Orange" and "Mystichrome". On the interior side of the house...they are offering charcoal leather seat inserts. None of the above were offered in '03.

Everything else is the same....

By the way....Texan Ford in Arlington has two brand new '03 Cobra Convertibles that they are willing to take $5000 off of sticker! Go check 'em out!

·
Banned
19,494 Posts
TX-jester said:
is $31,500 good for a new 03 Cobra???

Also, what is the difference between the 03 and 04 cobra??
the 03 lists it's highway MPG as 22 and the 04 lists it's highway MPg as 24. This is a issue because the 03 has a $1000 gas guzzeler tax and the 04 doesnt...

thanks...
What color do ya want? I bet I could get ya a better deal than that. Are you talking actual drive out price?

·
Big Fundamental
911 Posts
There are probably 150 differences between the '03 and the '04. Ford changes things constantly, and always has a laundry list of improvements for a new run. The better gas mileage is probably due to a tuning upgrade, and there are any number of tweaks that they have made based on problems, testing, design and customer feedback. You are always better off buying the second year of a vehicle than the first. You'll have to pay for it, though. It depends on what's more important to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts