1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
$uper $low
5,782 Posts
From what i remember, the driver-side head has a problem with the rear getting coolant stuck that just stops flowing there, correct?

A buddy of mine had the back of that head flowing from the same freeze plug spot up to the coolant crossover at the front of the motor.

Would this achieve the same level of cooling as the links you've posted?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That works, but you have to be careful on how you run your return hose to the coolant crossover to avoid getting air trapped in the system, possibly causing cavitation, which has been devestating to the aluminum front covers in the new 6.4L diesels.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yes, they're cheap insurance. I have the LDC style one on mine and a lot of my friends have the Even-Flow style. Both work just fine, it's just a matter of how you want the install to go. Most people with the LDC style do it when the transmission is already out for some other reason. Many choose the even-flow because you don't have to remove the transmission, hell, you really don't even have to remove the blower (although it's a PITA if you don't)

I think these are well worth the money. Although there has been no "solid" evidence that these things work like they're supposed to, it seems to be a common preventative measure and the concept of it makes perfect sense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.